Sign in to follow this  
drunk3nturtl3

0.10.2.0 - STEAM - gravity launches me through ceiling

Randomly when I'm exploring underground in the various planets (barren, exotic), I would suddenly get boosted through the ceiling really high and eventually die when I land.

Don't know if this is an issue or if it's just me.

1 hour ago, drunk3nturtl3 said:

Randomly when I'm exploring underground in the various planets (barren, exotic), I would suddenly get boosted through the ceiling really high and eventually die when I land.

Don't know if this is an issue or if it's just me.

Watch out for the dangling 'cave lures' - that's how they kill you!

Edited by Blind Io

This happened to me also. Some of the terrain I was exploring underground failed to "connect" which exposed the underbelly of the world. I decided to push into it thinking it was part of the terrain that just didn't load and it ejected me above the clouds, with a long and painful fall.

It's not the cave lures that kill me.

When I'm just exploring not the deep underground level but like the very 1st layer of the planet.

Like on exotic planet some of the tunnels are really close (ground to ceiling) and I would randomly just launch out through the ceiling. I'm guessing the compression of something is what's causing it?

I've had a few small incidents in Tundra caves, and one large one on Tundra surface that dropped me from fatal height.

I have had this happen to me, only on Tundra's surface so far.  Once it killed me, once injured me, and once I was unhurt.  All three times near my base/landing point.

I can relate to this as well, I burrowed down through an Arid world (huge long tunnel, to find a huge cavern) and doing so I dug out a few resources along the way while I was on the way down.  But when making trips back and forth exploring and gathering resources I once was 'warped' upwards into another neighboring tunnel above the one I had dug out (I never took any damage or wasn't grabbed by a roof creeper) though I did run out of oxygen as I was trapped in a unexplored region of the cave system.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:22 PM, handsovereyes said:

This happened to me also. Some of the terrain I was exploring underground failed to "connect" which exposed the underbelly of the world. I decided to push into it thinking it was part of the terrain that just didn't load and it ejected me above the clouds, with a long and painful fall.

Used to happen to me when i update through versinos but when Terrain 2.0 gets released this problem will be gone

Same problem, just happened with 0.10.2.0.  Running back along the surface of Barren and got launched high enough into the air that I died when landing.  Has also happened underground and get launched above the surface.