Shadow Echo

[Merged] Discussion about comprehensive patch notes/Discord/etc

Wyvyrias

Certain replies from the "The Crafting Update" patch note thread have been merged in here to let people continue the discussion without having to "censor" anything. Since this discussion was too much for patch note comments, I think this is the best solution. Excuse if replies that included questions about the patch notes, not related to this discussion, were merged in here as well. I can't micro manage every reply to split and edit it.

Your feedback is appreciated.

PS: I've created this thread, but due to chronological rules, the oldest reply will appear as #1. The "first" user in this thread is not it's creator.

Message added by Wyvyrias

6 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

We're not going to make it post the link by itself on a timer, though.

Is it because you can't or you won't?

3 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

Is it because you can't or you won't?

Won't.
There's no reason to randomly throw in links on a timer. If necessary, someone will refer to it mid-discussion.
I will consider the feedback and make adjustments to the #information channel, though. All our static information is there.

6 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

There's no reason to randomly throw in links on a timer.

Letting players know the game has forums? Exhorting players to join the conversations here? Referring players to where the actual patch notes are posted? Plenty of reasons.

I've seen a few new players here in the past few days. Maybe they came from Discord, who knows. I'm sure reminding Discord users that the game also has forums is a good thing. But hey, you're the owner. Do what you will...

6 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Letting players know the game has forums? Exhorting players to join the conversations here? Referring players to where the actual patch notes are posted? Plenty of reasons.

I've seen a few new players here in the past few days. Maybe they came from Discord, who knows. I'm sure reminding Discord users that the game also has forums is a good thing. But hey, you're the owner. Do what you will...

If you ever visited the Discord, you'd be aware all the information is up there. The patch notes are also included in an extra channel that you cannot possibly miss (which also include a link to the original patch notes thread).
Although many like to assume it's a mistake, I prefer not to assume there's people out there who can't even find a channel in a list, especially if it's right on the top. And the people who did manage to miss all that information most likely didn't want to know to begin with, because that requires you to avoid everything we put up there.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, Wedge said:

Ok, see how far you get with that in court.

Lets reverse it, no need for court action.

Noone buys the game, the company goes out of business.

So.. who is more important now? Customers or Devs/Mods?

On 9/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, Wedge said:

This is a flaming straw man of an argument. @Wyvyrias never posed that davs/mods were somehow preferential to members/customers.

Giving out warning when someone first pings a dev.. is exactly that, giving preferential to devs/mods.

But it is not a SES officially supported forum, it is setup by wyv and administers by him. Which I've also already said.

The point of Admins and Mods is customer service.  Not police force.

If someone posts in the wrong place, the mod moves it, says nothing and carries on.

If 8000 people.. to quote the number bandied about.. I'd just love to see anyone moderate that.  Issuing 8k warnings.. not likely.

100.. not likely.. 10 maybe.

1-2 most likely.  To set an example.. which is also imo, the wrong attitude.  Either you care about your customers.. or you don't. Set rules on public ettequette etc no bigotry, no racism etc not insulting each other.. all polite expected rules.

Outside of that.. sorry, but that's actually the job role you took on by being a moderator, that's why you're there.  Giving out warnings, muting people, banning people for non actual violations.

Nope.

Again though.. I don't use the Astroneer Discord.. I've had enough bad experiences in forums to know which to use and which not to, imo, Astroneer discord is a no, will always be a no and I've given my reasons.  Don't accept them.. that's cool to. 

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Giving out warning when someone first pings a dev.. is exactly that, giving preferential to devs/mods.

But it is not a SES officially supported forum, it is setup by wyv and administers by him. Which I've also already said.

The point of Admins and Mods is customer service.  Not police force.

If someone posts in the wrong place, the mod moves it, says nothing and carries on.

If 8000 people.. to quote the number bandied about.. I'd just love to see anyone moderate that.  Issuing 8k warnings.. not likely.

100.. not likely.. 10 maybe.

1-2 most likely.  To set an example.. which is also imo, the wrong attitude.  Either you care about your customers.. or you don't. Set rules on public ettequette etc no bigotry, no racism etc not insulting each other.. all polite expected rules.

Outside of that.. sorry, but that's actually the job role you took on by being a moderator, that's why you're there.  Giving out warnings, muting people, banning people for non actual violations.

Nope.

Again though.. I don't use the Astroneer Discord.. I've had enough bad experiences in forums to know which to use and which not to, imo, Astroneer discord is a no, will always be a no and I've given my reasons.  Don't accept them.. that's cool to. 

No one is demanding you use Discord. They’re just advocating the benefits of using the primary information source. There is always the option to only read messages and updates posted there officially. You can also mute any channels you don’t want to receive updates from.

It would only benefit you to get past this idiosyncratic hatred, and at least use Discord for just the official engagements. In no way does it limit your posting options on these forums. 

But in the end it’s everyone's own choice. I’m just sorry to see someone miss such an opportunity, but don’t be surprised if some important updates miss making an appearance on the forums. 

Edited by Wedge

7 hours ago, Martin said:

The server is basically official, and any other already verified server has this kind of rules. I am not sure what kind of Discord servers you are on, but regular, public gaming Discord's require such rules.
Maybe it's better phrased as "Refrain from pinging SES members that are not present in the chat".

5 hours ago, Wedge said:

but don’t be surprised if some important updates miss making an appearance on the forums.

That would be really unfortunate and disappointing. SES owns the forums, but the Astroneer Discord server is owned by a player, not SES. Treating this Discord server as a primary source of information is not the way to go...

14 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

That would be really unfortunate and disappointing. SES owns the forums, but the Astroneer Discord server is owned by a player, not SES. Treating this Discord server as a primary source of information is not the way to go...

So if SES just had ownership of the discord, it would suddenly become more credible?  I find that to be an interesting viewpoint.  What else does this apply to?

21 hours ago, Wedge said:

No one is demanding you use Discord. They’re just advocating the benefits of using the primary information source. There is always the option to only read messages and updates posted there officially. You can also mute any channels you don’t want to receive updates from.

It would only benefit you to get past this idiosyncratic hatred, and at least use Discord for just the official engagements. In no way does it limit your posting options on these forums. 

But in the end it’s everyone's own choice. I’m just sorry to see someone miss such an opportunity, but don’t be surprised if some important updates miss making an appearance on the forums. 

Never said anyone was.  The issue in this thread is lack of input into their own official forums, over the amount of input into a irc chat channel they don't actually run or administer.  It might well be that many players access all astroneer forums, reddit, steam, discord, this one and whatever other forums there are.

And the information might well be good info.  That isn't the point, the general debate in this thread, is about how attractive the discord channel is to some of us, over discussion using these forums.

17 hours ago, vvhorus said:

I highly suggest to adapt a more dynamic view point on that. SES owning one thing but not another doesn't imply that place their own has to get absolute priority over the other. Plus SES taking ownership of the Discord would invalidate your argument, leaving no formal reason why they shouldn't use it, especially not if that fluid transfer of information turns out to be quite efficient.

On the contrary: What if they're using those places exactly because they're not "official"? Being not official, they certainly leave more room to speak than official places, where each of your words would be taken like an official statement. Or in Discord's case, it's easier to not leek your statements directly into the internet, cause Google can't index it.

On that note (as contrary as it may sound now): What if we create a thread where we mirror the leaks/spoilers that the devs give us on Discord (although being a manual thing, don't expect that to be updated 24/7)? That would fill the gap that's part of why this discussion began.

2 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Plus SES taking ownership of the Discord would invalidate your argument, leaving no formal reason why they shouldn't use it, especially not if that fluid transfer of information turns out to be quite efficient.

So until that happens, my concern still stands.

2 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

On that note (as contrary as it may sound now): What if we create a thread where we mirror the leaks/spoilers that the devs give us on Discord (although being a manual thing, don't expect that to be updated 24/7)? That would fill the gap that's part of why this discussion began.

That would be a beautiful thing...

8 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

I highly suggest to adapt a more dynamic view point on that. SES owning one thing but not another doesn't imply that place their own has to get absolute priority over the other. Plus SES taking ownership of the Discord would invalidate your argument, leaving no formal reason why they shouldn't use it, especially not if that fluid transfer of information turns out to be quite efficient.

On the contrary: What if they're using those places exactly because they're not "official"? Being not official, they certainly leave more room to speak than official places, where each of your words would be taken like an official statement. Or in Discord's case, it's easier to not leek your statements directly into the internet, cause Google can't index it.

Sorry Wyv but that's.. just a joke surely.   You're not being serious.

If SES took control of the rules on discord, they'd then by directly responsible for any negative feedback from the users.  As it is, you can buffer them from that.

It would be a very good thing if they did take over running of the discord or made their own channel via discord, a very good thing indeed.  As it is, it's just your personal flavour of astroneer that people see, not anything official.

Most companies won't even allow their employees to register on non company forums etc. Let alone pretend to use them in any official  manner.  Besides we're not talking about IFs. But about Facts.

I highly suggest to adapt a more dynamic view point on that.

and this..do you have any idea how arrogant that sounds, coming from a moderator?

Edited by Martin

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Most companies won't even allow their employees to register on non company forums etc

As someone who has professional experience with social media and communications management, that statement is highly debatable. However, I would say it is mostly false, and is in many ways not factual. 

Edited by Wedge

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Sorry Wyv but that's.. just a joke surely.   You're not being serious.

If SES took control of the rules on discord, they'd then by directly responsible for any negative feedback from the users.  As it is, you can buffer them from that.

It would be a very good thing if they did take over running of the discord or made their own channel via discord, a very good thing indeed.  As it is, it's just your personal flavour of astroneer that people see, not anything official.

Most companies won't even allow their employees to register on non company forums etc. Let alone pretend to use them in any official  manner.  Besides we're not talking about IFs. But about Facts.

What you consider "run by the devs" is rather vague. You'll always have the rules set and enforced by us community moderators. It's always been like that, it always worked out like that. Here, on the Steam forums, almost anywhere (none of us actually is associated with the facebook page moderation at this point). So I don't see how you figure they'd be any real difference (honestly,  the only difference comes from how I judge the pacing on different platforms...to put it as simple as possible, any enforcement will usually happen quicker on Discord than they will on the forums, with less room for errors). Regarding the "official" part, the difference between the Discord and the other places is fairly formal. It's not going to affect how it's going to be run (the most SES ever requested was the removal of certain controversial emotes and forbid their usage).

1 hour ago, Martin said:

and this..do you have any idea how arrogant that sounds, coming from a moderator?

I merely suggested it. I can't do much more than informing you and trying to help you to become happy with the situation, as it's not possible to change the entire concept for a single person.
I could have dropped the conversation long ago and leave at a "Well, that's just how it is". But who would benefit from that?

No matter how much the Devs prefer interaction on the Discord, no matter how much anyone affiliated with SES thinks players should readjust to accommodate a new dynamic viewpoint or whatever, it still doesn’t change the underlying fact that websites (typically accompanied by forums) remain the gold standard for Devs to keep players up-to-date about their games as well as solicit feedback and track bug reports. I’m now aware the Devs interact on Discord, so better late than never I suppose. I guess it’s better than nothing.

Ideally the Devs would realize it’s in everyone’s best interest if they start interacting here as well. Abandoning their players with no communication other than Patch Notes just doesn’t cut it. There’s the occasional Dev comment, mostly from Joe (as one would expect) when player discussions become too “heated” or controversial I suppose, or when a particularly nasty bug rears it’s head. Those are about the only circumstances under which I’ve seen a Dev come to the forums in order to leave a response over the last year or so. Quite pathetic actually, doesn’t indicate they care much for their player base. At this point, the argument “they’re too busy” or “would you rather them come here and spend all their time answering questions and interacting with players” is just absurd. They’re a small studio yes, but that only excuses so much. Other small studios manage. They interact with their players, their community, while getting the work done. While it’s nice to see in the VLOGs that everyone has a good time working together, I’ve found consistently it looks like people are overly relaxed (to the point it looks like they just sit around much of the time). That’s probably misleading I realize, and may be set up that way so people aren’t at their workstations where sensitive material would otherwise be on display. I’m just saying to an otherwise state observer the message that can come across is the Devs aren’t working very hard and spend a lot of time just hanging out talking etc. When those thoughts come to mind it’s even more frustrating to think about the lack of interaction here.

What do the Devs think will happen come release? They can’t possibly be thinking seriously of abolishing the forum or using it as their official site. That would be insane! Anyone who’d think this would cease to be the official place for info (or should) simply doesn’t understand how these things work. I’ve said before, this must be the place where all information flows from in order to guarantee ALL players can be informed of news, updates, etc. It’d great if they want to use Discord, Twitter, Reddit, what have you, but those are ONLY supplemental. A lot of players use those services too, but none use them all. The web is the one standard, the one source that can be officially guaranteed to have the information all in one place rather than spread about channels or any other methods of separation.

When the game releases,  the Discord will go nuts. Maintaining order there will be like herding cats. I doubt the Devs will be able to interact on the Discord much because there will be so many new players wanting to grab their attention. A Dev name pops up, there’ll be so many pings you’ll never have enough time in the day to issue discipline about it.  They’d have better luck coming to their own forums here, writing more general comments directed towards the playerbase, that way their comments would remain widely available for anyone at anytime to see, not just someone who happens to be on Discord at that time. By choosing to use Discord (only) it’s incrediboy unfair to players who don’t (for whatever reason. I can’t recommend a game made by Devs who discriminate against their players based on where they interact with them. It’s just bizarre they don’t even come to their own forum, the one they made, the one they ask us to come to and join their discussion. While the reason I don’t use FaceBook is because I don’t have need of it, the specific reason I hate Facebook is because their association with mobile gaming has led to many discriminatory practices and that’s just wrong.

As for Xbox, I haven’t seen anything in terms of interaction there. You can “follow” the game which means you’ll see stuff pop up when there’s a VLOG (but you’ll need to use the YT app) but you won’t see Patch Notes or anything else that’s very helpful. In other words, following a game especially one like Astroneer doesn’t feel very informative or rewarding. I’m not sure what can be done about that, maybe nothing idk. As I mentioned before, I’m part of the largest club focused solely on Astroneer, serving as the sole admin to the club owner. I frequently mention the official forums (and offer the link as well). I’ve never been contacted by anyone from the Astroneer Discord. I’ve never seen an invitation to join (it would make sense, the more informed I am the more I’m able to keep club me,bees informed) but perhaps I mistunderstand the role of the Discord. At first I thought it was run by players, then it seemed I was being told it’s an “official” Discord for Astroneer, something the Devs created, and now here we are back to it being played-run and moderated again. So confused! Does SES run it or not? If they don’t, why are they using it to interact? That makes no sense, especially when they’ve largely forsaken their own forums.

We know the Devs (some of them anyway) are interacting with some players on the Discord. We’ve been told as much.  You’d think they’d  want to be involved with the greater Xbox community, to make sure they stay informed. I’m not the club owner, it’s possible he could’ve been invited to the Discord and participating in it, but if he has been there’s been no mention of it so I doubt it. He does more of the membership stuff while I perform more of the content regulation as well as answering questions players have regarding gameplay. I’ve often wondered why the Devs (or anyone at SES for that matter) don’t seem to care about the general state of the Xbox platform (with respect to keeping players informed and advertising the game). Clubs play a vital role in promoting games and helping players. It’s not about me being important. It’s about Astroneer for Xbox One. That’s important.

When the full release hits, our club (as well as many others both existing ones and new ones that’ll be created) will undergo a population explosion. The club I help with has almost 13k members listed in its roster. Many of those joined in the period immediately following Pre-Alpha release. We have large membership “pushes” each time a new update comes out (the more significant the update, the more people request to join). Of course there aren’t that many who check-in daily, and most who played the game initially quit soon after. The same holds true for those who join over the course of each month. Not much retention but they own the game and there’s always the possibility they’ll return when the game is finished. Many complain about the updates ruining saves and co-op being unplayable as main factors for not continuing to play. Once Terrrain 2.0 and dedicated servers for co-op are supported, many may return. As I said I’m expecting a huge influx of new members come December.

Sorry for any grammar issues and missed typos, it’s getting a bit late here.

@Shadow Echo

The Discord's status as 'officially unofficial' is pretty confusing. To be deemed 'official' on Discord, the server needs to be endorsed and maintained by SES. Like a 'verified' Twitter account, that would make the server a valid and accountable source of information. They don't do that to give themselves a bit of a liability buffer. So, it isn't linked on either website, but there's a pinned message here and Joe shouts it out in interviews. It doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe they've got a cautious corporate attitude to that kind of thing. 

They do hang out there, although in the last few months with all the shows and the run up to 1.0, not so much. Still, Joe pops in, as well as Veronica, Aaron, Elijah, and sometimes Adam and others. 

As for your first point, again I agree that having the game point us here to 'join the discussion' and then have that discussion elsewhere is not good. But the point is, the players are elsewhere, so if they're going to focus somewhere, it'll be where the customers are. It's a self-fulfilling cycle where there's little interaction here, which doesn't draw people here, which means both the players and Devs look to social media. Your opinion notwithstanding, they've got the user numbers to look at so they know how much attention they should be paying here. 

Despite being a long time Xbox player, I've never used a club, so I can't speak to how much other devs use them, but 13000 sounds like a lot of people for them to leave to their own devices. The devs wouldn't use Mixer to stream, or get featured on ID@xbox at e3, or even be in Game Preview if they didn't care about the console players, however. If I were a Steam player and only looked here for information, I'd feel abandoned too, though. As it is, I'm quite happy to use Discord on my phone as I play on my Xbox. 

Agree with the last two comments above this reply.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:03 PM, Wedge said:

As someone who has professional experience with social media and communications management, that statement is highly debatable. However, I would say it is mostly false, and is in many ways not factual. 

Then you're lying. 

Samsung told everyone to stay out of non official forums.

Argos said the same.

Microsoft the same.

Sky the same.

Virgin the same.

In my experience, just being in a non official forum, without express written permission, can get you sacked.

13 hours ago, Blind Io said:

@Shadow Echo

The Discord's status as 'officially unofficial' is pretty confusing. To be deemed 'official' on Discord, the server needs to be endorsed and maintained by SES. Like a 'verified' Twitter account, that would make the server a valid and accountable source of information. They don't do that to give themselves a bit of a liability buffer. So, it isn't linked on either website, but there's a pinned message here and Joe shouts it out in interviews. It doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe they've got a cautious corporate attitude to that kind of thing. 

It's actually also linked in the footer of the forums here.

Wow, beef for the sake of beef, the thread. Forgot to unfollow this absurd, nonissue topic. Surprised it hasn't been locked since the original topic was answered within ~10 comments.

19 hours ago, Martin said:

Agree with the last two comments above this reply.

Then you're lying. 

Samsung told everyone to stay out of non official forums.

Argos said the same.

Microsoft the same.

Sky the same.

Virgin the same.

In my experience, just being in a non official forum, without express written permission, can get you sacked.

Really wish I could mute this senseless thread.

Anyway... that’s a great uninformed, cherry-picking of major corporation SOP. I’d love to explain why you’re blatantly wrong and totally out of depth here, but that would yet again be off topic. Also, I have neither the time nor patience to explain complexities of something to someone who has a track record of making extream, sweeping generalizations about all confronted issues. 

If you still care, PM, email, or whatever. I’m no longer reading any refuse that spills onto this thread. 

54 minutes ago, Wedge said:

Really wish I could mute this senseless thread.

Anyway... that’s a great uninformed, cherry-picking of major corporation SOP. I’d love to explain why you’re blatantly wrong and totally out of depth here, but that would yet again be off topic. Also, I have neither the time nor patience to explain complexities of something to someone who has a track record of making extream, sweeping generalizations about all confronted issues. 

If you still care, PM, email, or whatever. I’m no longer reading any refuse that spills onto this thread. 

If you would care to say in "your experience" when 'you' make sweeping statements accusing me.  Feel free.  If you wish to ignore what I or others have said, feel free. You don't need to tell anyone you're doing so.

I have worked for some of the biggest, brightest and best companies to ever exist in the UK in the last 50 years of my lifetime.  I know their rules and regulations, I pride myself on knowing that kind of information because it's the kind of person I am.  Your claimed background in social media, means absolutely nothing with regards to what the biggest, richest corporation who employ tens of thousands of people do.  They stay in business, by having all their workers work for them all the time, this means not giving tech support in other peoples forums, only on their own.  That's how you make money, by owning your business across all platforms.  By taking the responsibility of doing so.  And it is the reference to that responsiblity, that is firmly on track with the topic of this discussion.  By not taking ownership of the discord SES are making it an unofficial forum.  As such noone will expect to get information that is available there, from there.

People generally, yes I'm generalising, goto Official Forums for information.  That is the main point of this thread as far as I can see.

There is no such thing as an Official Unofficial Forum.  There either is or isn't.

And we're back to comparing giant concerns to small indie studios. I'd rather not, but may I point out that such comparisons are absolutely out of proportions?
SES isn't catering to billions of people all around the world, selling thousands of different products and services. Currently they are making one game, with a number of people that hasn't even hit 20 yet.

Yes, official places should be labeled as such. Yes, the Discord isn't official as of right now, but due to who owns and moderates it as well as the general developer and community support, it's already as good as official and acknowledged as "The Astroneer Discord". People acknowledge the information they find there, and they find plenty. And on top of that the developers themselves are interacting with the Discord frequently. What difference would the normal user see between this kind of place and a place that's carrying the "verified" mark? What do you expect to change if it were to be "official"? There isn't any other discord that has the vanity URL of discorg.gg/astroneer (or anything similar).
And again, while it's not actually making anything official either, with me as owner, who also acts in the role of a moderator across the actually official forums, there's also a semi-official connection between SES and the Discord. It's the final reason why we refer to it as "official unofficial Discord". You wouldn't put the owner of a Discord that you don't support into actual moderator positions of the places that you own.

Well, for reasons that I shall not disclose just yet, this discussion is pointless in the end anyway (what a hint, eh). So you actually have nothing to worry about.

I have to agree with @Martin. I have never seen a private entity take ownership of a company's brand to create or manage anything without a copyright infringement lawsuit following, let alone the company giving their "blessing" so easily over a private person taking ownership of one of their communication channels. Usually companies are very protective of their assets and channels, especially those used for releasing information or addressing customers directly. It's like me owning an "officially unofficial" Coca-Cola discord server. I'm sure Coca-Cola would shut me down immediately, which would be the normal thing to do. Probably SES (namely Joe) does not mind, though, as it just keeps unpaid volunteers running the place so it's one less thing he has to worry about.

This little arrangement might fly for now, but there will come a time when SES will have need to either take possession of the server or create a real official one for legal purposes. I'm sure @Wyvyrias would not want to be included as a defendant in any legal action against SES and the game's "officially unofficial" Discord server (i.e.: a cyberbullying lawsuit). In that case, legally, @Wyvyriasand any other owner of the channel will be the only defendant(s), and SES will just wash their hands as it is not an official company channel. Food for thought...

15 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I have to agree with @Martin. I have never seen a private entity take ownership of a company's brand to create or manage anything without a copyright infringement lawsuit following, let alone the company giving their "blessing" so easily over a private person taking ownership of one of their communication channels. Usually companies are very protective of their assets and channels, especially those used for releasing information or addressing customers directly. It's like me owning an "officially unofficial" Coca-Cola discord server. I'm sure Coca-Cola would shut me down immediately, which would be the normal thing to do. Probably SES (namely Joe) does not mind, though, as it just keeps unpaid volunteers running the place so it's one less thing he has to worry about.

As said, that's blown out of proportions. Such giant companies have to be a lot more careful, as every tiny error can have giant effects, given the amount of people they're catering to.

17 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

This little arrangement might fly for now, but there will come a time when SES will have need to either take possession of the server or create a real official one for legal purposes. I'm sure @Wyvyrias would not want to be included as a defendant in any legal action against SES and the game's "officially unofficial" Discord server (i.e.: a cyberbullying lawsuit). In that case, legally, @Wyvyriasand any other owner of the channel will be the only defendant(s), and SES will just wash their hands as it is not an official company channel. Food for thought...

Don't worry, there's zero legal risk for me. The Discord can't even be held responsible for anything unless we were to endorse that particular thing (e.g. cyberbullying or doxing). It's as much of an legal issue as a reddit sub would be for it's moderators...none (unless you yourself become the issue, of course...but that's not an legal issue with the Discord server, but that particular account).
Also trouble makers are usually swiftly dealt with, so they can't really do anything on the server itself, if their intend is to be harmful. And the "official unofficial" is just a term we use to describe it as "The Astroneer Discord", as in the only one where you find the developers as well as the majority of all Astroneer "Veterans". Legally, it's just a server ran by community members.