So i'll start with the usual stuff.

The story:

I've just been driving around looking for some caves, and downed satellites to gather some resources. I drove quite a bit out and did a bit of resource gathering. And here's the problem, where the heck was my base? i couldn't see the markers anymore.

The idea(s):

• a (toggleable) marker on the screen pointing towards you home-base(s). (and beacons)
  • a map that can be opened with the press of a button
    • an actual map (of the entire world you're on)
    • a 'satellite' overview of the world you are on(i know this was requested and i liked the idea).
  • a craftable map that can be access when in your hands/on your backpack that shows a limited area around where it was first loaded with a marker on said map with your current position relative to the mapped area.

let me know what you think ;)

11 minutes ago, removerboy said:

So i'll start with the usual stuff.

The story:

I've just been driving around looking for some caves, and downed satellites to gather some resources. I drove quite a bit out and did a bit of resource gathering. And here's the problem, where the heck was my base? i couldn't see the markers anymore.

The idea(s):

• a (toggleable) marker on the screen pointing towards you home-base(s). (and beacons)
  • a map that can be opened with the press of a button
    • an actual map (of the entire world you're on)
    • a 'satellite' overview of the world you are on(i know this was requested and i liked the idea).
  • a craftable map that can be access when in your hands/on your backpack that shows a limited area around where it was first loaded with a marker on said map with your current position relative to the mapped area.

let me know what you think ;)

I think so. It is essential to a map for orientation. I understand that you lose a little 'adventure, but otherwise it becomes difficult to play, and in the long run one gets bored. Another thing that I think is essential to give the headlights a small text (eg, an identification number, or even a resource) indicator so that we can immediately identify. Let me give another example: I find a room full of resin and compound area and then I place a beacon to find it later, if in that light I can put a message such as "COMPOUND AND RESIN" from far away I'll know where to look for that specific resource
Thanks for your attention and give me your opinion
translated from Italian by google translator