SES_joe

The Crafting Update Feedback Megathread

Something that I've had an issue with is the lack of sliders in the sound options. Having to click multiple times to change the audio levels is really tedious, they should definitely be sliders instead.

Also, I think it would be interesting to see if we had a sort of "tracking system" for certain resources. For instance, in Fallout 4, we have the ability to mark resources so that, if we come across something with that resource, it would be marked too. That said, it could work with Astroneer in the way that, if it were nearby, it would pop up on screen, if it wasn't, it wouldn't or it would disappear.

Lastly, I had a question about the possibility of adding fluid to the game. For instance, certain elements that we would normally see in a liquid form like Ammonia could be interesting and could provide a little extra challenge.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:39 AM, Chemie said:

I like the chemistry part.

The medium shredder is hopeless.  It producers so little it is not worth the micro of carrying thing to it.

I think the issue, which has always been there, is still there.  The issue is that the "game" is "complete the research tree and done".  I like research, I like building out my base, but then what?  No need to go to other planets because I do not need anything.  I can explore a large world but for what?

The game is now, build a small base, go off planet to get some iron/wolframite, then never need to go off planet again because trade platform gives you what you need. 

Try attaching the medium shredder to a large rover.  I've gotten lots of scrap just exploring on the surface.  Still, there is no real good solution for scrap in caves.  You can lug around a platform with a shredder and small generator, but it kind of annoying to do so.

I hae a glitch that if i was in a cave or in the underground and saved and loaded it again i was forced to come up in the surface

23 hours ago, Maximiliano Cariddi said:

We need performance boost now! I paid for the game! Plays like absolute garbage in xbox one s! Fix the game now!

Put this in issues and bugs

Btw mods you may want to unpin this thread and replace it with 1.0 feed back 

Performance on Xbox is pretty bad, but posting in an old thread like this won’t help anyone or anything. Tbh most if not all Alpha-related threads probably should be locked at this point, but I’m sure Wyv and others mods he has helping him have their hands full with not only this forum but the Discord and other places as well, Reddit and whatnot, so be patient and courteous it’s not easy but it helps. The Devs know performance is bad, they have a patch ready I have no idea what sort of hoops they have to jump through tho to be in accordance with Microsoft’s policies a lot of this issue is on them not SES. I don’t know anything about game dev but it’s easy to be a player and sit back and judge and say “how could they release a game in this state” do you really think they did that? With so much of their success hinging on how it’s reviewed, appraised, accepted and advertised by sites and players alike? That just doesn’t make any sense now does it? No, I don’t think it’s fair to judge it or them that way. No amount of testing can compare to releasing a game to thousands, millions in the wild and that’s what they have on their hands. They’re a small studio, give them the benefit of the doubt, some patience, and they’ll get things into shape. Beautiful game, they really did a nice job and I know they’ll get the performance and bugs settled eventually. Won’t be to everyone's satisfaction but then again what ever is?