vvhorus

PAX West Starts Today

You can't really expect the devs to be posting any info here on the new planets nowadays...

Edited by whoophuam

6 minutes ago, whoophuam said:

You can't really expect the devs to be posting any info on the new planets nowadays...

They say/release stuff on Discord and Twitter all the time, but the forum is a no dev's land...

Edited by vvhorus

Yes, now that I remember, there was another image with a customized Astroneer suit. Let me see if I can find it...

Found it...

Dl4nB1-U8AAaNL1.jpg

Edited by vvhorus
Found it!

The new planet looks sublime!!! I really look forward the new patch. It's too bad that it arrives in September.

The summer holidays are over and we don't have as much time to play astroneer....

Anyway, better late than never ?

I just noticed a couple of chrome-shaded compound-like deposits on the bottom right of the 2nd photo...

Looks like there's a new resource by the feet of the astroneer in the first photo too! Some kind of ammonium patterned, extra spiky gray thing.

8 hours ago, notarobot347 said:

Looks like there's a new resource by the feet of the astroneer in the first photo too! Some kind of ammonium patterned, extra spiky gray thing.

Looks like Titanite (titanium ore).

Do we get some official material for those who cannot attend PAX? I mean some infos about terrain 2.0 about the improvements over the old terrain or a new trailer, a gameplay video, screenshots etc.

12 minutes ago, mikk said:

Do we get some official material for those who cannot attend PAX? I mean some infos about terrain 2.0 about the improvements over the old terrain or a new trailer, a gameplay video, screenshots etc.

Screenshots are being upload regularly on Discord from people who went to the booth. From what I am seeing, there will be a video from the System Era guys at PAX showcasing some of these features, not sure about it though.
We have also been given info that the crafting update (0.10.0.0) will be released soon after PAX, not sure about Terrain 2.0.

Edited by whoophuam

Terrain 2.0 won't be in next update, they just confirmed in the stream. They did a Terrain 2.0 preview on this stream on a new planet called exotic moon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304593578

The Astroneer part starts at about minute 58...

Lots of new stuff and improvements there. This is a huge progress.

We're finally going to see more content in the game as the it approaches 1.0 release as it's how SES decides to develop the game; a strong framework first -- then the rest of the structure will be appearing in droves.

A very exciting thing to think about in my opinion ?

2 hours ago, mikk said:

Terrain 2.0 won't be in next update, they just confirmed in the stream. They did a Terrain 2.0 preview on this stream on a new planet called exotic moon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304593578

The Astroneer part starts at about minute 58...

Lots of new stuff and improvements there. This is a huge progress.

I was just going to upload the link to the video... Thanks!

I wonder if they plan on adding terrain 2.0 to astroneer or if they plan on rebuilding astroneer as is, into terrain 2.0

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I wonder if they plan on adding terrain 2.0 to astroneer or if they plan on rebuilding astroneer as is, into terrain 2.0

The stuff that sits on the planets is ready to move to the new ones. T2.0 has been in the pipeline for over a year so it's what they've been working towards. 

Judging by the stream of the second day of the exhibition - the launch of the dedicated server is smoothly transferred to December and the current roadmap can be forgotten. In general, you can disperse until December.

1 hour ago, Mirosya said:

Judging by the stream of the second day of the exhibition - the launch of the dedicated server is smoothly transferred to December and the current roadmap can be forgotten. In general, you can disperse until December.

Nope.

First, read the roadmap - it's a plan for development, not release. Sorry for being blunt but it's written on the thing now so there's no excuse. 

Secondly, they have clearly stated several times that dedi will be released before 1.0, which is December. 'Before December' is not December. They've been on the verge of releasing for a while but testing the cross-play etc is a big job. 

Third, t2.0 and the other content are going to bring more than enough changes to keep most people interested for a couple of months. 

37 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

First, read the roadmap - it's a plan for development, not release. Sorry for being blunt but it's written on the thing now so there's no excuse. 

Thank you for drawing my attention. To this day, I thought that this is still a release plan - that is, for ordinary players this roadmap is mostly useless.

37 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

Third, t2.0 and the other content are going to bring more than enough changes to keep most people interested for a couple of months. 

For a year now I'm trying to play with my nephew in astroneer - at first it was hindered by the wild desynchronization and instability of the network game. The last patch of the Steam client killed the network game at all. Unfortunately the new type of cacti and caves in Terrain 2.0 does not help to solve this problem. Therefore, we are waiting for December.

I did not see floating text over the resources, so that was encouraging 
I saw glass
I like the gas capture thingy and the canisters that hold the gas
I like that Joe could turn day into night and said something to the effect of "I want it to look good for the viewers" Yeah, we've been saying the same thing for years now
I like that there were no storms. They suck
I like that there can be forests the different density of soil will be nice as we will have to craft a new tool to suck it up with our terrain gun
Hate that tethers are still a thing, sad very sad
Thrusters are good addition me like
The whisper wind thingys  with tails  will get annoying very soon I hope there is a on/off switch for those
I like the new clouds much more betterer
I like the new suit crafting
I like 8 in MP or someday 16
I would like the geysers more if I could dig them up and move them around. That way I could build a geyser escalator to go higher and higher and higher. Wait, go higher or get higher? ?
The bouncy plant thingy is a decent beginning. It be aight 

What were your likes/dislikes what things that were said or shown intrigued you?

On 9/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, mikk said:

Last convention the went to, they released a blog update shortly after - I imagine there will be another vlog this week.