SES_joe

The Crafting Update - September 6th, 2018

Hopefully the long drought of releases mean we are getting close to 1.0...

On 9/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, Daniel Werhan said:

The new update to Astroneer is awesome and if the system era team fixes bugs and glitches, it might only be me or if anyone else experienced this, but every time a tether is placed or picked up the whole freezes for like 10 seconds.... every time.    ??

For some reason, Tethers have a tiny amount of lag attached to them. The more tethers you put down, the more lag there is. 

To fix this, try to limit the number of tethers you put down. Start by picking up unneeded lines of tethers, and simplify multiple lines that all lead in the same direction.

Not liked last update.

Don't like new limits of materials. Seems no logic in absence iron ore (hematite) on Terran.

Don't like chem lab restiction - cannot build until finish TWO space travels.

Cannot get shredder until ... OMG, AGAIN! space travels!

And cannot get trade platform until... you know...

It's NOT fun.

OK, please return possibility to get ALL trade equip and medium-size tech (include shredder) on start planet.

I love the update, still trying to get to space. But I had a couple ideas.

1. Houses.

We should be able to build house foundations, walls, and roofs. The foundations we should be able to make would be, large foundation, medium foundation, small foundation,small medium large 90 degree round foundation, small medium large round 180 degree foundation, small medium large circle foundation, small medium large triangle foundation. And the walls will fit the shape of the foundations and there will be small medium large walls. The medium wall will be slightly taller than you character. The large wall will be 2 times taller then the medium wall and the small wall would be 2 times shorter then the medium wall. And there would be a door that snaps to the walls. And the roofs would be the same as the founations

I don't expect this to be added and i know many people would disagree of this being a good idea but suggested it anyway

2.welding machine.

I feel like we should be able to find all the pieces of the salvage and weld it back together to use, because i have found large platforms that are just missing a leg or something and i wish i could put the leg back on and use the platform. And also could you imagine how cool that would be to but back together a satellite!

I hope you think these are good ideas because i think so

• It would be awesome to find man made objects to build off, like the tutorial with the land platform.
  • This update was awesome.
Edited by MadHatter

I seem to have gotten to 10.2.  Playing on a PC, well a MacBook Pro with Bootcamp Windows 10 Pro.  I have an Intel i9 chip, 32GB RAM, and a Radeon 4GB Graphics card.

Since the update the Astroneer seems choppy in his movement, running, etc.  Also, there is a delay in placing the Tethers (it gives a slight pause to the game) after a number of them have been put down.  

Still a great game, would like some creatures, to speak with or work with.  Aliens?  First Contact?

Trade with other players?  Marketplace?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, twus2000 said:

Since the update the Astroneer seems choppy in his movement, running, etc.  Also, there is a delay in placing the Tethers (it gives a slight pause to the game) after a number of them have been put down.  

Lots of folks seeing that issue.  It was quite smooth a couple releases ago, but the last one was extreme in choppy play.  I'm sure they'll work it out.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, LazyFox said:

Not liked last update.

Don't like new limits of materials. Seems no logic in absence iron ore (hematite) on Terran.

Don't like chem lab restiction - cannot build until finish TWO space travels.

Cannot get shredder until ... OMG, AGAIN! space travels!

And cannot get trade platform until... you know...

It's NOT fun.

OK, please return possibility to get ALL trade equip and medium-size tech (include shredder) on start planet.

LOL!  You sound like someone took away god mode and that's the only mode you know how to play in.

Play the game! I LOVE that it's harder - by miles - to get resources. Before, we were fed everything by the bucketload. Now we have to actually (gasp!) think. So, unless you're incapable of that, enjoy. :D

November 6th and anything?  C'mon folks!  Jones-ing here!  By the way, the tether issue and choppiness are gone!  THANKS!

A couple points I have made in the past, I would like to pass along:

• Different backpack sizes.  Can influence how fast you run/move.  Hold more stuff, slowed down.
  • Aliens, aliens, aliens.  Weapons?  Technology jumps?
  • Marketplace to trade resources with other players.
  • Aircraft build?  Not space craft, but aircraft?
  • Customize player colors/look.
  • Radar or sonar to "look below the surface of a planet."
  • Module "Finder".  Find the manufactured modules to be researched?  Maybe within a certain distance it's a light and gets brighter when you get closer.

Love the game people!  Love it!

Edited by twus2000

Does anyone else have trouble saving games?  I save a game and reload it and it is the game I saved the day before.  any help?  Do I need to clear out folder of saved games???

Hey me and a friend have been having a glitch where only the host can put stuff on the large rover can u fix that we play on Xbox one

was gonna mention that the Large Shredder and trade thing wasn't unpacking but I see now need a few more travels in space for those's to actually open so that's good to know but am having problems with a pause in tethers once place down on Terran thou on any other planet there's no pause....so if that could be smoothed out oh and for whatever reason large rocks once the ground has been removed never fall they just levitate so that's another thing might need to be fixed but other than the tethers and floating rocks I have no other issues with the game.

您好 作者:  感谢您的游戏支持中文,  从最初的版本玩到现在 见证了游戏的改变 以及BUG,   直到现在建造需要琳琅满目的材料后, 发现 材料根本在初级星球收集不齐,  导致无法通过火箭载具到达其他星球,  希望作者能够 增加 “材料探测器” 来缩短 玩家因为材料短缺无法探索其他星球,  同时增加  可以维修损坏遗失的车辆的功能 通过材料消耗来维修野外找到的车辆, 增加将损坏的平台彻底拆成碎片的功能 来提高研磨机的回收效率,添加可以维修野外找到的大型登陆舱和降落平台,要是在加上玩家自己通过寻找图纸,建造飞船就更加好了, 希望作者能够添加这些建议 。同时再次感谢作者对游戏的努力更新  !