I find it annoying now that we have no Beacon to indicate the location of our vehicles, so what if we could switch the Beacon on and off? Simply get i the vehicle, then use the same button that opens our backpack when on foot (Y button on Xbox One) to toggle the Beacon on or off on that vehicle. This would allow us to have just the Beacon o the lead vehicle of a vehicle train, instead of on all of them.

11 minutes ago, wondible said:

The intent for this seems to be craft a beacon and put it on the vehicle.

Which takes up some space on your vehicle. True, it's only one slot, but you only get two slots on a Small Rover, which means that in order to be able to keep track of where your vehicle is, you have to give over half your storage space to that purpose. I don't know about other players, but I've always stuck a small battery and a small solar panel on my Small Rover, so giving up one of those two is annoying.

31 minutes ago, wondible said:

The intent for this seems to be craft a beacon and put it on the vehicle.

I sure hope note. It wasn't that long ago that all vehicles had a beacon and after whatever patch earlier this year they disappeared. I figured it was an unintended bug. 

15 minutes ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

Which takes up some space on your vehicle. True, it's only one slot, but you only get two slots on a Small Rover, which means that in order to be able to keep track of where your vehicle is, you have to give over half your storage space to that purpose. I don't know about other players, but I've always stuck a small battery and a small solar panel on my Small Rover, so giving up one of those two is annoying.

Exactly! I suppose it isn't a big deal on the small rover because the power cells last a very long time (don't nerf that please!). Having the solar panel isn't all that important. I suppose I can live with putting a beacon on my medium and large rovers. It is only one slot. I'm assuming they work when attached to a medium storage? I can't remember off the top of my head and obviously haven't been doing it.

29 minutes ago, Wary Explorer said:

I'm assuming they work when attached to a medium storage?

They do, so long as you remember to have them switched on. Hands up everyone who put a Beacon on their vehicle to keep track of it, and forgot to switch it on (raises hand).

Edited by Ghostwolf93
2 minutes ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

They do, so long as you remember to have them switched on. Hands up everyone who put a Beacon on their vehicle to keep track of it, and forgot to switch it on (raises hand).

?

1 hour ago, Wary Explorer said:

I sure hope note. It wasn't that long ago that all vehicles had a beacon and after whatever patch earlier this year they disappeared. I figured it was an unintended bug. 

It was stated in the 0.8 patch notes that the vehicle location indicators are removed as part of the UI improvements. Perhaps it'll be revisited later, but I wouldn't hold your breath! 

Edited by Blind Io