SES_joe

SES Vlog 031 - New Planet, Plants, & Sphalerite!

so new materials in the vlog are zinc clay quartz graphite carbon aluminum alloy tungsten carbonate graphene diamond rubber plastic hydrogen. anything else? ik theres more that weren't shown also is that a new suit type I see at 0:01 at the bottom right of the screen? as well as a new type of canister on the cover of the vid?

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

so new materials in the vlog are zinc clay quartz graphite carbon aluminum alloy tungsten carbonate graphene diamond rubber plastic hydrogen. anything else? ik theres more that weren't shown also is that a new suit type I see at 0:01 at the bottom right of the screen? as well as a new type of canister on the cover of the vid?

Sulphur was there too! 

Yeah, a nice new big segmented canister at last! 

Sulpher is coming to? sweet! also I don't think its segmented you know when Aaron was showing the atmosphere recource collecter off? well they said crafting something like hydrazine where you would need hydrogen to craft it that it would only use one fifth of the canister to craft it so I think its a measurement system for the canister. but yeah a segmented canister would be pretty awsome

to what I thought, right at the beginning of the video, one of the developers was inside a planet, this planet has a design of 6 platforms that have us or the planet (this should be the bases of that huge construction that we saw at the end of the astroneer trailer ). Let's have another planet, that's very good.
I wonder if they are still thinking about putting the monster rover (which has the area of 2 large rovers, which has in SES Vlog 23)?

astroneer better and better, congratulations for your beautiful work

I believe that this update will drop on sept 6 due to this month and the month prior there were updates on the 6th for both

4 hours ago, Titico7777 said:

Awesome new patch, excellent materials, game is more engaging, now we need story.

This...

On 9/13/2018 at 9:27 AM, Titico7777 said:

Awesome new patch, excellent materials, game is more engaging, now we need story.

For the love of all things good and wonderful in this world... Please please do not add a story to this game or at least keep an option to have survival without story. 

Only thing story related that might be fitting or fun is randomly generated logs (if that's possible) at busted up bases talking about why it broke. This game feels to adorable and quirky to add some kind of campaign or story mode.

23 hours ago, Cattasraafe said:

For the love of all things good and wonderful in this world... Please please do not add a story to this game or at least keep an option to have survival without story. 

Only thing story related that might be fitting or fun is randomly generated logs (if that's possible) at busted up bases talking about why it broke. This game feels to adorable and quirky to add some kind of campaign or story mode.

I could not disagree more

13 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I could not disagree more

Yeah? What about a story could make this game better? This is the kind of game where you make your own story..... have your own adventure.. Its not ubisoft open world complete a checklist.... and move on to another game. If anything its just a another minecraft clone but very well done. If minecraft ever had some sort of story I'd have stopped playing that one long long ago.

1 hour ago, Cattasraafe said:

Yeah? What about a story could make this game better? This is the kind of game where you make your own story..... have your own adventure.. 

Well let's start with the easy ones first. 
Why are we there? What is the purpose? To walk around, gathering resources to fabricate something else to then do what? To just go for a walk? The end result is to just play for 20 hours, find everything, build everything walk back to base and put game on shelf forever? 

It is far from a minecraft clone. One aspect, one is like minecraft. The terrain tool is the only thing similar to minecraft. 

What is the mission? A person was sent from one planet to this solar system (whatever) why? To explore but never report back? That makes a lot of sense. "Ok Astroneers this is NASA yeah we are going to send you to Mars but yeah don't tell us anything. Don't bring back anything. Don't communicate. Just have a nice walk. Then craft some other things but again don't tell us about any of it. Don't send any of it back to the mother planet. Just go for a very expensive walk." Sense anyone?

What country/countries sent us? Are we ever going back home? Why did they send us? They don't have a purpose either? Are we the last inhabitants? Are we super rich and on our own paying for everything ourselves?

Then why is the game set 400+ years into the future with a 1960's NASA feel? Why provide us with humans, a quasi story, equipment that was obviously made here on earth (truck tires anyone?), the need for oxygen (tethers), death (so I'm not a robot am I?), exploration etc. Why are we exploring if no one cares back on our home planet?  

Yet we play MP but why? Soon we will have 8 to play MP, again why? The goal is 16 players in MP. Again, why? So 16 Astroneers can go for a walk, find resources, craft a few things then....... game over? If you are going to have 16 people playing MP with nothing more to do than gather and craft, why bother? Every game will be over in an hour. 

Then why the purple triangle thingy? Can you explain why purple triangle? Your saying there can be no story behind that either?

And I forgot one little thing. Who are we trading with? Why do they only want common resources? Why wouldn't they want resources of more value? They don't want research pods? Plant life? They have no scientists? But wait we are space traveling. Huh? Why are we crafting anything? 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

That's to intense for me. I'm sure you have a few like minded souls out there that share your opinion. But for me.. yeah I'm just there to walk around (and occasionally run or drive). 

If it's not like minecraft.. then the game is definitely like the clones it's created ( clone not being a bad term) such as factorio or modded Minecraft with the extra resources and modules.

I just see this as a super fun adorable game crafting/survival game. Fun notes at bases would fun but not needed. I don't care where I'm from but the game does have a mild explanation on the website front page.

P.s. I'd write more but I'm on my phone at work and I have typing on my phone.

7 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Well let's start with the easy ones first. 
Why are we there? What is the purpose? To walk around, gathering resources to fabricate something else to then do what? To just go for a walk? The end result is to just play for 20 hours, find everything, build everything walk back to base and put game on shelf forever? 

It is far from a minecraft clone. One aspect, one is like minecraft. The terrain tool is the only thing similar to minecraft. 

What is the mission? A person was sent from one planet to this solar system (whatever) why? To explore but never report back? That makes a lot of sense. "Ok Astroneers this is NASA yeah we are going to send you to Mars but yeah don't tell us anything. Don't bring back anything. Don't communicate. Just have a nice walk. Then craft some other things but again don't tell us about any of it. Don't send any of it back to the mother planet. Just go for a very expensive walk." Sense anyone?

What country/countries sent us? Are we ever going back home? Why did they send us? They don't have a purpose either? Are we the last inhabitants? Are we super rich and on our own paying for everything ourselves?

Then why is the game set 400+ years into the future with a 1960's NASA feel? Why provide us with humans, a quasi story, equipment that was obviously made here on earth (truck tires anyone?), the need for oxygen (tethers), death (so I'm not a robot am I?), exploration etc. Why are we exploring if no one cares back on our home planet?  

Yet we play MP but why? Soon we will have 8 to play MP, again why? The goal is 16 players in MP. Again, why? So 16 Astroneers can go for a walk, find resources, craft a few things then....... game over? If you are going to have 16 people playing MP with nothing more to do than gather and craft, why bother? Every game will be over in an hour. 

Then why the purple triangle thingy? Can you explain why purple triangle? Your saying there can be no story behind that either?

Could not agree more!

8 hours ago, Cattasraafe said:

This is the kind of game where you make your own story..... have your own adventure..

I've created my own adventure far too many times in this game, so much so that the game has now become repetitive and uninteresting to me. Even if the next update will include Terrain 2.0, dedicated servers and a few extra gadgets/resources/recipes, the game at its core is going to be the same repetitive purposeless activity: gather resin/compound/malachite/laterite to make your base, gather research pods to unlock items, etc. Without a story, the game is just one tedious chore after another...

3 hours ago, vvhorus said:

I've created my own adventure far too many times in this game, so much so that the game has now become repetitive and uninteresting to me. Even if the next update will include Terrain 2.0, dedicated servers and a few extra gadgets/resources/recipes, the game at its core is going to be the same repetitive purposeless activity: gather resin/compound/malachite/laterite to make your base, gather research pods to unlock items, etc. Without a story, the game is just one tedious chore after another...

To be fair, you'll be just finishing the story and at this point it'll become repetitive as well. It'll give you more to do, but it won't give you an infinite experience either.
Although that's impossible anyway. Every game is gonna repeat itself eventually.

16 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Every game is gonna repeat itself eventually.

Every game? Are you sure about that? 
I'm guessing that Paradox titles are not in your repertoire then  

On 9/26/2018 at 12:31 PM, Cattasraafe said:

This is the kind of game where you make your own story..... 

Again no. This is the kind of game where you have to make your own story. Huge difference. 

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Every game? Are you sure about that? 
I'm guessing that Paradox titles are not in your repertoire then  

Yes, every. There's no exception as all possibilities are finite. The question is how long it takes for you to discover them all.