Asgard

Lost/Forgotten Tech

Technology blueprints that you dont immediately know exist, that would need to be found in abandoned research posts or deep underground.  

Thermal/Cold gear - For those super hot and cold planets (constant minimal energy drain to maintain protection) Of course, heat and cold would also need to be added to have any effect on our little peoples!

Shield Generator - Sheild that would protect you against all storms and dangerous plants out to kill you...maybe if liquid gets added in, can keep liquid outside the bubble.  Energy drain would be high, with the shield size being directly proportional to the energy being fed into it.  

Flood Lights - work lights are nice and all, but these will cover a much bigger area at much greater distances, no such thing as night time with a couple of these mounted to your rover!

Modular ship/base - Not quite like we have now...on a bit of a grander scale.  We could find blueprints for modular parts spread across several planets that click together. These parts would consist of rooms or parts of rooms that you could create a full sized base out of, complete with doors and windows (for those of us who struggle with the terrain tool anyways!).  This would, of course, include parts with floor, wall, and ceiling mounted ports so we could attach devices inside.  Maybe even a garage with gate to store our rovers in.  

Beacon detector - A device that points you in the direction of the nearest beacon not currently attached to your person.  A rudimentary locating system.  Not a huge fan of the map/gps ideas because i really do enjoy the idea of trying to survive and nothing is more exciting IMO than getting lost underground because you took a wrong turn only to make it to the surface in a nick of time as all your oxygen tanks read empty.  Ive also spent 5 hours driving on the surface of the Tundra...not proud of that one, ended up so lost that I build a spaceship with the materials I collected and just left!  This would allow you to find not only your base, assuming it was the closest beacon, but also those nice backpacks the other space guys left for us, who also happened to be carrying a beacon anyways!

Lawnmower - Attachment for rovers, mow up all the plants/rocks in the area in front of the rover without deforming the ground.  Similar to the terrain tool augment, only this one attaches to the front of your rover!

Thank you for reading.  

I am a fan of this idea as it would broaden the amount of recipes that are in the game, but most importantly, it will give people initiative to explore to find "shortcuts" in the game. The possible blueprints that you have listed are valid, I would also like to add something to the list:

I'm sure that something like this has been discussed among the devs before, or will be in the future - it's a great idea!

On 8/21/2018 at 7:36 AM, Asgard said:

Lawnmower - Attachment for rovers, mow up all the plants/rocks in the area in front of the rover without deforming the ground.  Similar to the terrain tool augment, only this one attaches to the front of your rover!

I really like this idea! Something that could create a smooth path for those regularly traveled routes. I'm not talking Interstate Highway system here, but I am getting tired of getting high-centered on the same group of rocks when running back and forth to base while exploring a remote cave or mountain range.

+1 for the lawnmower idea

+1 for "forgotten tech", but maybe only the ones that are planet specific - i.e. You find cold/heat/ radiation gear on the planet with those conditions

16 minutes ago, Nik3141 said:

+1 for the lawnmower idea

+1 for "forgotten tech", but maybe only the ones that are planet specific - i.e. You find cold/heat/ radiation gear on the planet with those conditions

The only problem I would see is not being able to find the gear on those planets because of said conditions.  So being able to find radiation gear on the moon of a radiation planet would be a good compromise.  The moon could have a lower level of hazard and allow for prolonged survival without special equipment.  I would imagine a hidden abandoned research base on the moon where you would find the blueprints for the radiation gear allowing you to visit the planet.  

Yeah I was going to suggest an expected 'progression' of planets-the gear you find on one helps with conditions on the next one, but then I didn't because the post got really long.

9 hours ago, Asgard said:

The only problem I would see is not being able to find the gear on those planets because of said conditions.  So being able to find radiation gear on the moon of a radiation planet would be a good compromise.  The moon could have a lower level of hazard and allow for prolonged survival without special equipment.  I would imagine a hidden abandoned research base on the moon where you would find the blueprints for the radiation gear allowing you to visit the planet.  

Edited by Nik3141

+ 1

I'm on board with this. Hope to see these, or elements resembling them, in a future update. :)