BigAl

A mapping function please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys and gals,

After a 3 hour session of Astroneer, I started to name the different paths of my base, things like ""Broken capsule pass" or "Green road south".  This really helps and after I wanted to grab a piece of papaer and start mapping the sorroundings of the base, and there an idea popped in my head!  How about a mapping function?  Nothing too complicated, something where you can track your beacons, track basic terrain and add a few notes here and there.  I think this will really add to the experience...

Hope you like the idea.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:42 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

To take notes, you can spell out letters in different locations using the terrain analyzer.

For more information about terrain analyzers, click on the following link:

https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Terrain_Analyzer

Only to need to erase them later due to OCD? I disagree. Im sure a little tablet device with a 2D topographical map of explored areas would not be overly difficult and much more helpful.

4 hours ago, Explicit Drift said:

Only to need to erase them later due to OCD? I disagree. Im sure a little tablet device with a 2D topographical map of explored areas would not be overly difficult and much more helpful.

Thank you so much for the support!!!  My latest maps are getting too complicated and the new materials are driving me insane!!!