Vexurayr

Unable to pick up anything after I traveled from Terran to Exotic

Basically, right after I had taken the shuttle from Terran to Exotic, my entire backpack inventory was flat but I some canisters attached to my gun, some containing a bit of dirt, so I began flattening the land around, of which was collecting organic that dropped immediately to the ground cause I had no space for it. After I finished flattening, I tried to pick up some of the organic just to move it around, but the ring that appears around any item you can pick up suddenly was not appearing, and I could not interact with the items lying on the ground at all. Then I tried taking some of the packaged supplies off my shuttle to deploy them to start the base, but they were uninteractable as well. Then I tried taking supplies out of my backpack, but I could remove nothing and the arrows at the bottom to switch what items you can make didn't work, only closed the backpack when I clicked on them. I was still able to get into a seat, so I saved and closed the game, and when I loaded it back up again, it was fixed. I didn't take any screenshots, but I think this should be descriptive enough for what I am talking about. Was playing on computer, Steam.

Edited by Slugbug0

why can't i just delete this comment, i didn't realize there was a button to edit my original post? but now I have to leave something written here

Edited by Slugbug0

Did you tab out of the game?

This is known to happen when you tab in and out of the game. Pressing Alt+Tab a few times is also known to fix it - as well as restarting the game, which you had done.

Nah, I had the game sitting as it was for a bit while I went and ate just so I at least had some research points coming in, but hadn't alt-tabbed this particular session