scargojake

"Begin Print" Button Missing for Printing a Crane Under Seemingly Ideal Conditions

Hello Forum,

I am having an issue printing a Crane on a Large Platform A, an acceptable platform for crane installation. Here are the details leading up to the incident.

*It can be noted that, prior to this bug finding, I was able to successfully print a Crane on a Large Platform A on planet Terran.

The Crane was to be printed on planet Arid. The platform was moved about to ensure the pink hologram of the Crane was apparent. Multiple forms of power were tested, including solar panels, batteries, and power bundles. The four copper (required for construction of a crane) were tested both from the inventory, as well as mounted on the Vehicle Bay inventory. The site of the Vehicle Bay and platform were moved a few times to ensure the land was flat enough for construction. The image provided below shows the final attempt at printing the crane, with plenty of power, flat surface, and proper distance of the acceptable platform model. I concluded that the conditions for printing were ample.

2z4igrc.jpg

Another observation made during attempts to print the Crane were the "print" button on the Vehicle Bay's GUI. If no power was connected, it displayed the red lightning symbol for lack of power, as normal. However, once power was connected, the button was not green, but blank, as if nothing was loaded on the Vehicle Bay at all. I did notice that if I panned to another item in the GUI list, such as the Open 1-Seat, and then back to the Crane, the "print" button would quickly flash the green symbol then back to blank, as if it recognized both the required items and a source of power but glitched anyway. It doesn't seem to want to display the green print button for me.

I have also tried printing a Crane on the same Vehicle Bay back on planet Terran, the one I had initial success with, and I got similar results with the 'Print Button' glitch. 

I do not know what to do, but I'd love to get a Drill Crane going soon on Arid, the Lithium deposits are nagging at me. ?

Thank you for your time,

Jacob

10 hours ago, scargojake said:

Hello Forum,

I am having an issue printing a Crane on a Large Platform A, an acceptable platform for crane installation. Here are the details leading up to the incident.

*It can be noted that, prior to this bug finding, I was able to successfully print a Crane on a Large Platform A on planet Terran.

The Crane was to be printed on planet Arid. The platform was moved about to ensure the pink hologram of the Crane was apparent. Multiple forms of power were tested, including solar panels, batteries, and power bundles. The four copper (required for construction of a crane) were tested both from the inventory, as well as mounted on the Vehicle Bay inventory. The site of the Vehicle Bay and platform were moved a few times to ensure the land was flat enough for construction. The image provided below shows the final attempt at printing the crane, with plenty of power, flat surface, and proper distance of the acceptable platform model. I concluded that the conditions for printing were ample.

2z4igrc.jpg

Another observation made during attempts to print the Crane were the "print" button on the Vehicle Bay's GUI. If no power was connected, it displayed the red lightning symbol for lack of power, as normal. However, once power was connected, the button was not green, but blank, as if nothing was loaded on the Vehicle Bay at all. I did notice that if I panned to another item in the GUI list, such as the Open 1-Seat, and then back to the Crane, the "print" button would quickly flash the green symbol then back to blank, as if it recognized both the required items and a source of power but glitched anyway. It doesn't seem to want to display the green print button for me.

I have also tried printing a Crane on the same Vehicle Bay back on planet Terran, the one I had initial success with, and I got similar results with the 'Print Button' glitch. 

I do not know what to do, but I'd love to get a Drill Crane going soon on Arid, the Lithium deposits are nagging at me. ?

Thank you for your time,

Jacob

turn the large platform 90 degrees. It should print then 

1 hour ago, spot check said:

turn the large platform 90 degrees. It should print then 

Thank you for your response.

I attempted rotating the platform 90 degrees, including other rotations as well, and still had similar results.

2 hours ago, scargojake said:

Thank you for your response.

I attempted rotating the platform 90 degrees, including other rotations as well, and still had similar results.

If I hit the "E" button it will print.

Hook the vehicle bay up to a bigger power source like I did

crane.png

You wrote “the platform was moved about to ensure the pink hologram of the crane was apparent”. In my experience, if the hologram of the item to be printed is pink (instead of blue) there may be something in the way of the printer or the item is out of position.  Turning it 90 degrees counterclockwise (in your picture) should make it blue and ready to be printed (assuming the proper ingredients are loaded into the printer)

9 hours ago, Perfelonious said:

You wrote “the platform was moved about to ensure the pink hologram of the crane was apparent”. In my experience, if the hologram of the item to be printed is pink (instead of blue) there may be something in the way of the printer or the item is out of position.  Turning it 90 degrees counterclockwise (in your picture) should make it blue and ready to be printed (assuming the proper ingredients are loaded into the printer)

I have relocated both the vehicle bay platform as well as the platform intended for the crane in various positions, including reprinting the vehicle bay altogether. I have tried setting up on a perfectly flat space I flattened out, and even tried setting it up in a field that was naturally generated flat to ensure land glitches were not affecting it (I've had land I dug up reappear around my base). 

I feel that I have tried everything and still cannot make another crane. My first crane was with no issue. I am certain that power is sufficient, the ingredients are on hand / on the VB, and that the print location and platform is sufficient.