Sign in to follow this  
Luxie

[0.9.2 - Steam] Infinite world loading

Hey, 

I recently got the game and me and 3 others were playing on a world then we stopped playing on that world and made a new one. We progressed really far to where we went to a different planet. I saved the world and got off. The next day i tried loading up the world and now im in an infinite loading screen. i restarted my steam and my computer. I validated the game files. Please help i don't really wana start all over again.

Thank you.

Edited by Luxie

Hey Luxie,

There may have been a problem with the save - it could have been corrupted.

1. Please navigate to this folder: C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames (Replace YOURUSER with the user that you are currently logged into on your machine)
  2. Check that the save file that you were playing on has a file size that is not equal to 0 (e.g 302KB)

If the save file size is 0, then the save has been corrupted and you will need to start again
If the save file size is not 0, then copy that save file onto your desktop
THEN

1. Send the save file to one of your friends, tell them to put it in: C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

If the save file works for them, then there may be something wrong with your computer or your version of Astroneer
If the save file does not work for them, then there is something wrong with the save and you will have to start again

I hope this has helped you!

Edited by Whoophuam