Kuros Paladin

Dead Astroneers Gone?

With 0.9.2.0, I've noticed I only find backpacks.  Has anyone found dead Astroneers since then?  I still find them in my pre-0.9.2.0 games, but not in the 0.9.2.0 game.

Now that you mention it, you are right. I found three backpacks last night, but no dead astroneer attached to them. Maybe an attempt to remove anything not "kid friendly"?

I personally don't mind either way. The backpack was the important find anyways...

I find corpses underground still, only the ones above ground are missing. Also, I think the backpacks underground are intact, the ones on the surface are broken. I have seen some exceptions, but only where the algorithm clearly made a cave above ground where underground type rock formations are on the surface and line up with the visual entrance of a cave.

13 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Now that you mention it, you are right. I found three backpacks last night, but no dead astroneer attached to them. Maybe an attempt to remove anything not "kid friendly"?

I personally don't mind either way. The backpack was the important find anyways...

I haven’t been able to play the new update 9.2.0 very much yet so maybe it’s an attempt at giving an idea possibly something else is interested in the corpse of a dead Astroneer and not their items? (Backpack) maybe eating them???

I think Riley may be onto something. It could be a something or possibly the storms that rage across the planet. I think that a body and suit seem to be soft items while the backpack is a harder more durable item. I'm just guessing but that's my thinking on this one.

11 hours ago, rileya_c said:

I haven’t been able to play the new update 9.2.0 very much yet so maybe it’s an attempt at giving an idea possibly something else is interested in the corpse of a dead Astroneer and not their items? (Backpack) maybe eating them???

I suppose anything is possible however I highly doubt this is the case here 🥓