Habitat replaced with drop ship?

Tim frank

3 hours ago, Tim frank said:

Did they removed the habitat and replace it with the dropship? If so how does it work? 

No? Your first dropship expands to a new-style 'yurt' habitat. Printed habitats do not expand yet but can be set in place. 

44 minutes ago, Tim frank said:

So how do I start a base on a different planet? So I don’t have to fly back and forth 24/7

I don't understand why you're flying back and forth. All you need to start a new base is a small fabricator and a bit of resin and compound. You can then make yourself a medium fabricator and everything else. 

And if you really want to you can build a habitat, but you don't need it if you have a seat to save your game. It doesn't add very much to a new base. 

If it is cosmetics you are after (that is, the visual of the habitat expresses "this is a base,") you're out of luck except for your initial base.  Right now there's no way to print the large habitat.  The best you can get is the little dropship.  It still provides oxygen and shelter, but no energy.

If you want the visual of the large habitat, I've uncovered wrecked ones and dragged them around with the winch.  You could do so and move one to a secondary base, but it will have the wrecked appearance....

Perhaps a later version will allow us to print habitats.  After all, we have a "small" and "medium" fabricator.  The only reason to have medium is to imply it is between small and large....

On 8/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, 101101110111 said:

it's still the same 'habitat' as before, just renamed

No its not.  This habitat aka Dropship is not enter-able and cannot be used to pilot vehicles.  It's only use is as a refuge from the storms and then only after it has been "deployed".

On 8/10/2018 at 5:52 PM, Gristle said:

No its not.  This habitat aka Dropship is not enter-able and cannot be used to pilot vehicles.  It's only use is as a refuge from the storms and then only after it has been "deployed".

they haven't been able to pilot vehicles since that exploit was fixed months ago. they've only been the 'hub' (habitat-portion) of expansion bases since 0.5. they merely finally renamed it to distinguish it from the larger starter habitat, nothing else

Edited by 101101110111

Pretty certain that piloting from the Habitation module was around last patch.  And why is\was it an exploit?