bennyboy090903

Bring Astroneer too PS4

Recommended Posts

PLEASE BRING ASTRONEER TOO PS4!

I have watched many streamers play this game and I personally love these types of games and I would love to see it on PS4 as that is the only platform I can play it on. I am begging that you bring Astroneer to PS4 I will do anything! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I doubt you'd do literally anything for it (well, you could buy several Astroneer keys to support the devs, heh), PS4 support won't happen before v1.0 for sure. The devs are considering to support as many platforms as possible tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

While I doubt you'd do literally anything for it (well, you could buy several Astroneer keys to support the devs, heh), PS4 support won't happen before v1.0 for sure. The devs are considering to support as many platforms as possible tho.

Well do you think it’s possible they will bring it too PS4 and I would buy Astroneer keys if that would make it happen after the game is released. I can’t play the game right now but I would buy the keys if it helps, where do I do that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Astroneer FAQ:

Quote

[5]: Why is Astroneer currently not available on PS4?

Unfortunately Sony does not offer an early access platform. Once Astroneer can be labeled a released game, offering it through Sony’s platforms is an option.

Hence what you can do to actually get what you want is waiting for the release of the game in December and hope that a version for PS4 will become available soon after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bennyboy090903 said:

Well do you think it’s possible they will bring it too PS4 and I would buy Astroneer keys if that would make it happen after the game is released. I can’t play the game right now but I would buy the keys if it helps, where do I do that? 

I was just kidding. You can't possibly buy enough keys to change anything about the PS4 release. Even if, as the FAQ states, there's no actual Early Access program on the PS4, so they can't make a PS4 version prior to 1.0 either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shieldgeforcenow said:

I don’t believe that Sony not supporting early access is true.    paragon, fortnite,and fortnite save the world we’re all available on PS4 during early access. 

Believes don't change business. heh
There's nothing to be found about an Early Access program for Sony's platform. The examples you mentioned are also...well...vague? Neither Fortnite nor Paradon were really ever "Early Access". Those are AAA titles coming from large studios (they just liked to slap an "unfinished" on it, but the core game never really changed anyway). Plus Fortnite (sadly) gained so much popularity, no platform would want to miss out on that. It's all a matter of business. But both are games from Epic Games, and those guys got contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of that is almost true but fortnite is still early access and both games went through constant major balance changes.  Fortnite still isn’t finished and paragon actually never made it to a finished form after 3 major reworks.  The only thing that stayed the same in paragon was the art.   Astroneer looks pretty polished and probably less buggy than fortnite.   I’m not saying that Astroneer is going to make it to ps4 soon but the fact is that Sony does allow unfinished imbalanced early access games on its platform.   

Edited by shieldgeforcenow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shieldgeforcenow said:

Some of that is almost true but fortnite is still early access and both games went through constant major balance changes.  Fortnite still isn’t finished and paragon actually never made it to a finished form.   Astroneer looks pretty polished and probably less buggy than fortnite.   I’m not saying that Astroneer is going to make it to ps4 soon but the fact is that Sony does allow unfinished imbalanced early access games on its platform. 

The point is, Fortnite is making hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Astroneer isn't. 

But the devs have said they'd like it on PS4, they'll just have to wait until its ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

The point is, Fortnite is making hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Astroneer isn't. 

But the devs have said they'd like it on PS4, they'll just have to wait until its ready.

Fortnite and paragon wern’t making any money when Sony approved them and put them on ps4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, shieldgeforcenow said:

Fortnite and paragon wern’t making any money when Sony approved them and put them on ps4. 

Paragon got ditched already, but Fortnite brought in hundreds of millions. It certainly brought a lot.

Either way it doesn't matter, just because there were exceptions doesn't mean Astroneer is gonna be one. That's not up to SES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shieldgeforcenow said:

Fortnite and paragon wern’t making any money when Sony approved them and put them on ps4. 

... OK?  You're clearly missing something here. System Era isn't the problem, Sony is. Here's an article that pretty much sums it up. There's no clear formal process for it, so a tiny studio like SES isn't going to be part of the conversation. Comparing them to Epic is completely pointless. 

Edit: I guess 'ditto' to Wyvyrias's post would've done... 

Edited by Blind Io

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

... OK?  You're clearly missing something here. System Era isn't the problem, Sony is. Here's an article that pretty much sums it up. There's no clear formal process for it, so a tiny studio like SES isn't going to be part of the conversation. Comparing them to Epic is completely pointless. 

Edit: I guess 'ditto' to Wyvyrias's post would've done... 

Excuse me... who did I blame?       I think it’s you that missed something.   All I did was state facts about Sony allowing early access games on it platform by siting actual examples of games.   How dare I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, shieldgeforcenow said:

Excuse me... who did I blame?       I think it’s you that missed something.   All I did was state facts about Sony allowing early access games on it platform by siting actual examples of games.   How dare I. 

So it does look like you're missing something. I'm pointing out that Epic Games and SES are in very different situations, nothing more. No need to get riled up! Your argument is coming from the viewpoint that Sony 'supports' Early Access, the article I cited clarifies that it doesn't. Whilst it allows some early access titles, there is no published policy. 

There's a difference between investing in a game that was a pretty much guaranteed success from one of the biggest game companies in the world, and providing help to a studio that hasn't finished their first game yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blind Io said:

So it does look like you're missing something. I'm pointing out that Epic Games and SES are in very different situations, nothing more. No need to get riled up! Your argument is coming from the viewpoint that Sony 'supports' Early Access, the article I cited clarifies that it doesn't. Whilst it allows some early access titles, there is no published policy. 

There's a difference between investing in a game that was a pretty much guaranteed success from one of the biggest game companies in the world, and providing help to a studio that hasn't finished their first game yet. 

Best news ever.  Paragon was guaranteed success.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just lock here before further pointless discussion occurs.
SES intends to support as many platforms as possible, and Sony has no official Early Access program, as such a PS4 release can't even be considered prior to 1.0. What anyone thinks about that isn't of relevance, this isn't up to SES, this is how Sony does things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.