crazypetpurson

Cannot click on items or movable objects with cursor (as if the cursor is bound to E key [PC edition])

Unfortunately, I have a very annoying and recurring issue with my version of Astroneer on PC. What will happen is I will just be walking around and (as far as I know) the cursor will no longer be able to click on items. For example, if I try to click on a canister stuck to the side of a Hydrazine Catalyzer, I won't be able to. The blue or other colored ring around an object does not appear and the little white circle is on the item. Then, when the game is in this "mode", if I left click on a machine or seat by accident, it has the same effect as holding down the E key. For example, if the Hydrazine machine had some empty canisters on it and some Ammonium sitting off to the side, the canister wouldn't be picked up by the cursor and instead the machine would take in the Ammonium and start making Hydrazine, just by left-clicking once. Unfortunately, I am unable to produce images or video of such and occurrence, but if I am able to, I will post such media here immediately. I also am unaware of any keybind or combination of actions that causes this. It is also possible that I am being ignorant to a feature of the game, in which case please tell me so I can disable it. I've seen some people post their PC statistics, so here are mine if it helps: Intel i7 6700 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 +16GB DDR4 RAM being run off a hard-drive, not an SSD.

Just got a good picture to somewhat show the dilemma... see how the blue circle doesn't appear? When it's like this, I can't pick up any objects whatsoever and if I merely click on a machine, it activates and the equivalent for seats.Astroneer screenshot.jpg

Edited by crazypetpurson

This is a known bug and is more-than-likely caused by tabbing in and out of the game; therefore spamming Alt+Tab should be able to fix it.