astroneer won't startup

so i recently bought astroneer and downloaded it.
now when i press play it opens up a window "play astroneer / play astroneer (windowed)" and when i select one and press play , just nothing hapens at all.
it sais on my account "playing astroneer" but after a couple seconds my status goes right back to "online".
i have triend running as administrator, reinstalling , restarting my pc , searched my firewall and still found nothing ... anyone got a solution or has any ideas what to do ? 

ucrtbase.dll, msvcp140.dll, vcruntime140.dll are present in the C:\Windows\System32 folder
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64) v14.0.24215.1

please help
thanks in advance

I have had the exact issue in other games and it is most likely an issue with Microsoft Visual C++

1. In this case, navigate to -> Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
  2. Uninstall any 2015 or newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
  3. Navigate to -> Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015
  4. Install both x64 and x86 versions.

If this doesn't seem to fix it, try checking for any Display Driver Updates.
If that doesn't do it either, check for Windows Updates.

Edited by Whoophuam

did all of those things , even restarted my computer , redownloaded the game still won't launch, just the 5 seconds where it sais that im playing , then goes back to "online" and thats it :( 

Edited by MrDroxo

One thing that I would recommend, but would take a lot of time is:

Start command prompt as an Administrator
Type: sfc /scannow
Follow on-screen instructions.

-

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else to do. I've had these problems in the past but the solutions I have given earlier have worked for me.
One thing that would be left to do is to reinstall Windows (keeping all user files), which I'm 90% sure that would fix this problem and many others like it - but that's up to you.

Edited by Whoophuam

when i type that, a screen opens and almost instantly closes :s 

(edit)

didn't open as administrator , scanning now

Edited by MrDroxo

okay so the scan is complete and it gives me this message: 

reinstalling windows will keep everything as it is ? keep accounts , pictures , game saves ,...? 
if so , how do i do this ?

cmd.png

Edited by MrDroxo

no, this never happened before , all my other games work , i tried to start a couple and all did fine , its just astroneer that won't do it 

i've done all of these steps , redownloaded windows , everything , redownloaded the game multiple times ... still won't work .. :s 

yeahh me neither , i usually find the solution myself but im really stuck here , everything seems to be working fine...
tried installing and gives me this message:

".NET Framework 4.7.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer."

although i can't find it in "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" is this normal ? 

Yes, that is normal.

The only thing that could be the problem that I can think of is that your hardware is not supported.
There could be someone on this forum that knows the answer to this issue but I have no clue what to try next, sorry.

Has the game worked before? For the Steam version, 

- Go to...

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved

...and delete it's contents (this will wipe all your saves, too)

yeahh , well kinda but it was not through steam... im not sure how it worked but it did , only once but never through steam ... the folder "astro" does not even exist in my local folder...
but i can clearly remember saving the game before i exited ... so i suppose it should be there but isn't ? 

So you bought the Microsoft Store version. 

The relevant folder is in AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks\SystemAppData\wgs<random folder><random folder>

Further if you could provide full specs along with anything that might be unusual about your system that might help 

still the folder does not exist i get stuck at "packages" and i bought the game on steam , i searched online for a couple of things and one of them was downloading something then it worked , i deleted the folder and since then it stopped working again... 

emh specs , 

processor: Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake (4x 4000 MHz) Quad Core
ram: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz (Corsair 16 GB - QUAD Channel)
graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 1070 (GIGABYTE 8GB D5 GTX 1070 G1 Gaming GDDR5)

is this enough ? 

Edited by MrDroxo

From the Library section of Steam, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the Verifyintegrity of game files... button.

Then try launching through Steam. 

well it just worked like steam , only it was well , not connected to steam.
the game would start up, run fine, the only problem was that i could not load any saves, it just kept loading and loading and loading...
and i tried the verify integrity of game files already , i just reinstalled astroneer completely actually

I'm guessing that you downloaded a cracked version of the game, so it is odd that it worked in comparison to the legitimate copy...

Perhaps the update might have caused something that stops you from launching the game anymore? And in that case there's nothing that can be done I think.

OR

It might be something wrong with steam/your steam account.
I recommend reinstalling Steam at this point. (make sure that you have all of your games backed-up)

Edited by Whoophuam

im not that good in computer stuff but i kept them seperate at all times so i dont think they could have done anything to eachother really ... 

ill install steam on another drive and install astroneer there, see if that works

Edited by MrDroxo

Have you tried running the game in Compatibility mode?

1. Navigate to -> Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Astro\Binaries\Win64
  2. Right-Click the .exe file
  3. Select properties
  4. Go to the Compatibility tab
  5. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose different versions of Windows and see if the game starts.
  7. Each time, run the game as an Administrator.
  8. Remember to start the game from the folder and not from Steam.

finally after hours and hours of searching i found it , Comodo antivirus instantly blockes the application , and puts it in a "contained" thing or something , it does not even show a message , it just blocks it and thats it .... you have to actually look up , even open a couple windows in the antivirus itself and there somewhere its blocked .... was really difficult to find , i thank you all for the help i got and hope this can help others to fix the issue :3