While viewing the Astroneer 1.0 what I thought was an asteroid impact was merely a plant slamming itself on the player but that got me thinking. Are there more realistic hazards that could be added? Here are my ideas of course they might have already been suggested or are being worked on as we speak. I realize coding is not easy so these are just thoughts :). This will be expanded in the future.

1.Asteroid Impacts: Having an asteroid impact would be fantastic for astroneer as it poses a threat from anywhere! The asteroid would leave a trail of flames and could be visible from Space just before it hits. The crater could be a reasonable size and would be hot as for if a player were to make contact, they would start taking damage. Eventually this crater would cool down after a few minutes and reveal ores such as copper or aluminium.

2.Active Volcanoes: I dont know if this is in the works for Terrain 2.0 but if it isn't then allow me to share my idea. An Active Volcano will erupt every few hours and a loud sound will be emitted. Rocks similar from dust storms but instead these rocks will be glowing will be sent into the atmosphere and will have a radius of a few kilometers and maybe damage players before despawning. Hot glowing rock can be seen at the top of the volcano almost in a water fountain fashion before falling back into the crater.

3.Projectile Fauna: I know for a fact that these types of aggressive plants are being worked on or are on the drawing boards already. These plants would work by spotting an astroneer in a certain radius and shoot out spikes or other projectiles slowly killing the player.

WILL UPDATE THIS LIST SOON!