SES_joe

Update 0.9.2 - August 6th 2018

0.9.2.png

Steam 'Early Access' players will receive this update today, August 6th, 2018. 
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can also expect this patch to hit their consoles or Windows 10 machines throughout the day August 6th , 2018.

Update 0.9.2 contains the groundwork for extensive changes to the crafting and resource systems, as well as additions to printer lists and changes to printers overall! 

UPDATES
You can find these updates in 0.9.2.0, the current build of the game.

NEW RESOURCES AND RECIPE CHANGES

20180723181012_1.jpg

New resource deposits have been added to the solar system! Titanite, Wolframite, and Hematite deposits can now be found on the surface of planets and in caves. But you won’t be able to find all of these on Terran, intrepid Astroneers will have to travel the solar system in order to find the new resources.

• Titanium has been changed to be the refined form of Titanite. 
  • Wolframite and Hematite can be smelted into Tungsten and Iron, respectively. 

New recipes have been added to include these new smelted resources! New resources need new recipes to print them! These are just a few items that will be using this new resource progression, be on the look out for more items in updates very soon ;)

• Drill Head: 1 Tungsten and 1 Resin
  • Extra Large Platform: 2 Iron
  • Extra Large Storage: 2 Iron and 2 Aluminum 
  • Fireworks: 1 Titanium
  • Thruster: 2 Tungsten

GENERAL CHANGES

- Medium Printer has been removed as part of an ongoing effort to streamline crafting. With the introduction of the Small and Medium Fabricators, the Medium Printer became increasingly redundant and created confusion about where objects can be crafted. 

• All objects that previously printed from the Medium Printer can now be crafted from the Small Fabricator. 
  • Existing Medium Printers in saved games have been automatically converted to Small Fabricators. 

- Thruster is now a craftable object. It is available in the Catalog for 2000 Bytes and prints from the Small Fabricator for 2 Tungsten. 

- The respawn rate of Harvestables has been positively adjusted! 

- EXO wrecks can now be found in caves! Adventurous Astroneers will also discover new large wrecks on the surface that hint to each planet’s theme.

- The orange launch button has been removed from the Shuttles. You can now use the Auxiliary keys (Z / X on keyboard or RB / LB on gamepad) to launch into orbit. 

- Beacons have received a small update and a bug fix. 

• Beacons are once again visible when slotted. Now players actually can locate their vehicles if a beacon has been put in a slot on the chassis.
  • They can now be turned off. This option is available when you finish cycling through all of the color options using the input keys. 
  • They can now be turned on, off, and their color can be changed using the aux keys when slotted onto an auxiliary slot on vehicles and backpacks.

BUGS & CRASH FIXES

The following live issues have been fixed as of version 0.9.2.0:

• A number of frequently occurring low-level crashes have been fixed, increasing overall stability. 
  • [AS-2475] - Fix an issue where the Backpack "No power” notification did not account for attached extra power from batteries. 
  • [AS-2521] - Fixed an issue in Multiplayer games where an incorrect required resource notification is displayed when a Client player scrolls between craftable objects with a resource in their backpack.
  • [AS-2576] - Picking up or quick stowing a bundleable item into the Backpack no longer starts a new bundle if a non-full bundle of that item is already in the backpack.
  • [AS-2598] - Fixed a Multiplayer issue where the Backpack printer did not display necessary resource to craft for the Client player.
  • [AS-3256] - If you open the catalog while your terrain tool is out, it will be put away. This fixed an issue where the mouse did not work with the catalog if the catalog was opened while the terrain tool was equipped.
  • [AS-3261] - Fixed an issue where Medium Generators attached to a Rover aux slot could not be toggled using the aux keys. 
  • [AS-3267] - Fixed an issue in the Tutorial, where the Research Module control panel could not be examined when the progress tooltip refreshed too quickly.
  • [AS-3294] - Fixed an Audio issue causing the reverb audio filter to persist when Players exited a cave. 
  • [AS-3311] - Fixed a small visual issue where the Trade Module Rocket appeared unskinned for a brief moment when the Trade Module platform is unpacked.
  • [AS-3331] - Spiker Seeds now have a UI card. 
  • [AS-3339] - Client players should once again be able to slot items to the top slots on the Medium and Large Rovers. 
  • [AS-3349] - Fixed an issue on the Xbox One where the selection cursor persisted upon respawn if the Astroneer died while browsing the catalog.
  • [AS-3382] - Drop SFX have been restored on small modules. 
  • [AS-3383] - Pick-up and placement SFX for Small Wind Turbine, Small Solar, and Small Generator have been restored. 
  • [AS-3389] - Clients should once again hear Fuel Canister emptying SFX. 
  • [AS-3396] - Vehicle Bays should now be able to print Rovers and the Small Shuttle on top of a wrecked Spaceport. 
  • [AS-3424] - Blowing up a Large Shredder should no longer leave an unusable partial Scrap resource. 
  • [AS-3430] -  When modules are picked up from their bases, their control panels will now close automatically instead of jittering erratically. 
  • [AS-3463] - Tweaked the Fireworks sound effect so it no longer starts before the visual effect appears.
  • [AS-3525] - Resource slots on small fabricator can disappear or reappear as camera is rotated to put it offscreen
  • Fixed a number of small localization bugs, naming inconsistencies, and text spacing issues.
  • Restored a number of missing icons indicating the contents of a printed package. 

KNOWN ISSUES

• The addition of new Wrecks and Discovery types will cause terrain seams in old saves. This will no longer be an issue once Terrain 2.0 gets rolled out!
  • Some titanium from older saves might disappear upon updating.  

Thanks for reading! Can't wait to see you all at PAX in a few weeks to talk about some really exciting news related to Terrain 2.0! ;)  

-jt

PS: RIP MEDIUM PRINTER, WE WILL MISS YOU ❤️

Confusing....the post date is July 19, but the title says August 6.  Can Joe see the future?

4 minutes ago, Gristle said:

Confusing....the post date is July 19, but the title says August 6.  Can Joe see the future?

Maybe he can control it :)

would love an option to choose when you want to package things in the fabricator menu, would be a nice option

If anyone on the team has anytime, i would love to hear what goes into making a control key binding area for console and why most games dont do it, I being a simple boy thinks it can't be that hard, but I know nothing, would love to be educated though

1 hour ago, Gristle said:

July 19th is when he started the patch notes post. He then saved it as a draft and added/edited it as needed. It was submitted today when the patch was complete. :)

Will we ever be able to pack stuff back up after we unpack it? Because the whole unpacking process seems rather pointless when they can't be packed up again. Since the boxes won't attach to the vehicle mounted storage units, it's not possible to transport them prior to unpacking anyway which means the whole process is just an unnecessary extra step.

8 minutes ago, SteelRodent said:

Will we ever be able to pack stuff back up after we unpack it? 

Yes.

i now this has been reported before but do you have the blue prints for the catalog because mine don't show up and i would like to install it manually 

2 minutes ago, CobraA1 said:

Would like the ability to switch off the long press.

alt and ctrl click work as "insta click" substitutes. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SES_joe said:

alt and ctrl click work as "insta click" substitutes. 

Can I bind to a single key?

EDIT: Also, not working with the "examine" action?

Edited by CobraA1

Wow!!!  The "political correctness" in this release notes is almost sickening.  "new recipes!"  How about 4 changes recipes and 1 new.  "Streamline crafting" by removing a well tested and accepted tool, the printer?  "The respawn rate of Harvestables has been positively adjusted!"  that one just scares me, but I'll try to remain positive...  Exo wrecks in caves still bugs me, as these are orbital items, how do they get underground?  And removing the launch button is not good, no matter how you try to mix it.

SES seems to be player negative these days...

18 minutes ago, CobraA1 said:

Would like the ability to switch off the long press.

I'd bet the majority of players are PC based, not console.  Open to correction, but SES seems head strong on pushing consoles more than the majority of players use, making it harder for PC players to play.  Not a good business model.  

Tough love SES.  Tough love.

15 minutes ago, gamplays1230 said:

i now this has been reported before but do you have the blue prints for the catalog because mine don't show up and i would like to install it manually 

If you can't see it, your hardware doesn't support it. This is either due to not meeting the recommended specifications or driver issues. 

17 minutes ago, Nargg said:

I'd bet the majority of players are PC based, not console.  Open to correction, but SES seems head strong on pushing consoles more than the majority of players use, making it harder for PC players to play.  Not a good business model.  

Tough love SES.  Tough love.

I've tried the game on a controller . . . to be honest, it still feels out of place. It's not something other games do. If I'm playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch, I don't need to long press to mount my horse - I just tap the A button and my character climbs right on. It's kinda weird to hear people say this is a console thing when the games I play on consoles don't do it.

I've actually expressed my thoughts on the controls in another thread. I know there has been a lot of iteration on the controls, but it seems the reasoning behind the latest controls (especially the long press) is rather unclear. Which is kinda strange because System Era is usually pretty transparent.

It would be very nice if long pressing the buttons was made optional or if you were given the ability to rebind the instant actions. I'm on a PC, we already have key rebinding, I think it's okay if I can just customize my game so I can just press the E key and be done with it. I don't see the problem with that.

Enough with the respawning rocks!!! It's super annoying. I flatten a nice path, walk away for 30 seconds to collect compound, and the thing is COMPLETELY LITTERED with rocks and fauna. @SES_joe @SES_Adam please make it stop respawning on terraformed ground. It makes my perfectly smooth and seamless base and paths look terrible. Highly off-putting

17 minutes ago, Calvin Walker said:

Enough with the respawning rocks!!!

Terrain 2.0 and a December release is less than 5 months away. Just be patient. :)

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, twayney said:

Terrain 2.0 and a December release is less than 5 months away. Just be patient. :)

It's hard to be patient when my base is inundated with rocks and plants every 5 minutes. I can't wait for Terrain 2.0

Edited by Calvin Walker

I really liked the hoverbuttons much more than the current sticky button implementation. Oh well.