sensei eth

Map / GPS system

I would like to suggest that later on in the game, possibly costing titanium to make the main hull of a satellite. it would be basically the same idea as a rocket ship, except much larger.

I'm talking maybe 2x the size of the large rocket or even 4x the size and you could make some sort of receiver to receive the signals from the satellite once it is in orbit. This could realistically give you a view of wherever the satellite is above. And this could be paired along with a mobile receiver or even add this to your inventory above the catalog.

KI1ppzL.png

It would be nicest to have it just like a little tablet right above the catalog.

A mid to late-game possibility for better navigation would be really helpful.

My friend and I had a similar idea. Make it possible to research an unmanned satellite or "AI module" for the shuttle which can take off on command and provides information about the planet it circulates.

The most important feature would be the ability to create a mini map or have an advanced GPS system, making it easier to explore other parts of the planet without putting down lots of beacons to find back to the home base. Unfortunately the current markers can be obscurred by clouds and the horizon. An advanced GPS could be used to always either see certain markers or see the direction where the beacons are.

Other features (where different modules or more advanced modules are needed) could be the tracking of wind and storm regions or maps of surface ressources and/or structures (if that doesn't break the game by providing too much information). But having better navigation would be the first priority in my opinion.

Completely agree, the lack of a map (which is entirely plausible in the game scenario) is annoying unless someone is great with pen / paper or beacons.  I've lost more gear this way, can't systematically explore the planets, etc.  Building a GPS satellite would a great fix, it could even decay in orbit, etc. 

Definitely not opposed to the idea of a map system of some sort. Even if it’s used in conjunction with the beacons and possibly the GPS satellite idea.

I’m thinking of a panel/screen that opens out of the backpack, similar to the research catalog, but it would only work once you have launched the GPS satellite to pick up on the beacons you have placed. That way it doesn’t make the beacons redundant. It would basically show where your beacons are as blips like on a radar, so it’s not super detailed or anything.

A Satelite for the Mid to End game would be really helpful.

For the early game i would suggest somthing like a signal block you can place at your base (ore were ever you want). And you have the receiver in your Backpack which just shows in which direktion the Signal block is. Maybe this gadegt should have a limited range (bigger than the beacon) mb the half planet. If you lose connection it starts beeping. It should just help to find back to your base.