Cjb10

Will not save on Xbox One!

I bought the game from the Xbox store a few days ago and played a few times that day and the game saved fine. Since then, it has not saved anything. Countless hours of work and base building on other planets have been lost to this issue. If this continues to be the case I WILL stop playing the game entirely. I’ve read the forums and tried everything to get it to save successfully so I can continue playing and enjoying the game as I progress. I enter cars, shuttles, and habitats showing my game saving icon. I log out by selecting save and exit to main menu. Yet, it still loses all my recent work and the only save data pod I have to choose is one from days ago with far less game progression on it. 

Just today I uninstalled the game from my console and reinstalled it. I played a bit and switched planets to test the save. Still not working.... Me signing into this forum and typing up this issue is my last hope to continue playing this fun game. Without having the ability to save I am truly just wasting my time playing this game. 

Please hep me correct this issue! 

I bough the game online 2 hours ago and played it. I couldn't save and quit the game. You seem to know this game has this fault as when I tried to save the game, I got the updates have bugs message. Should you really be selling tge game if it has such a known bug? Its like selling a car with only 3 wheels and absolving yourself of any blame by saying you should have known it was a lemon.

19 hours ago, EpicDJErrorSans FancyLicense732 said:

Its like selling a car with only 3 wheels and absolving yourself of any blame by saying you should have known it was a lemon.

No, it's like going into the factory and buying the frame of the car before it's even assembled, then complaining that your "car" doesn't drive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

As for that bug, I have zero experience with the Xbox version, so I can't provide any information on that. It does seem to be a more frequent thing on Xbox, though.

20 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

No, it's like going into the factory and buying the frame of the car before it's even assembled, then complaining that your "car" doesn't drive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

As for that bug, I have zero experience with the Xbox version, so I can't provide any information on that. It does seem to be a more frequent thing on Xbox, though.

I fully understand that there will most definitely be issues and bugs within the early access period and I am fine with that because I still enjoy playing the game regardless. However, had I known that this saving issue was still such a big problem for Xbox I wouldn’t have purchased the early access game for $19.99. Before I purchased the game I had seen that in the past few years there was a saving issue for Xbox users but I also read the 9.0 patch notes and it clearly stated that they had fixed this exact issue in the most recent patch... I feel I just threw away my $20 without the ability to save any of my progress. Nobody wants to put in 5+ hours of work on a game just to have it all lost when the game is shut off. 

I guess I just feel that the ability to save a game is expected and not seen as a “bug” even in early access trials

42 minutes ago, Wary Explorer said:

I play on xbox and as long as I always enter my habitat before I quit I have no problems saving.

That is how I try to save usually but no dice 

Does the game use up memory when it saves a game? Game worked o.k. for a couple of weeks then to many saves, started to reload on different planet or send me back to where I was!! A couple of times it just stopped and started over!! Great game but will quit playing if I keep losing data on reload!!!!!!