ImperiaL

Types of sun, interstellar travel, wind,asteroid and comets

Hello! I have some small ideas for the game that are really cool.

1. Wind Turbines should be at full capacity during a storm.

Seems illogical to me to not have any wind during a storm.. right?

2. Interstellar travel.

travel to other stars, discover new types of planets and you will be able to choose your star with..

3. The Observatory

you could build an observatory to observe other solar systems, and gain knowledge about them so how do we use the knowledge about other solar systems??..

4. The Spaceship (idk find a cool name)

When building it, it will be placed in orbit of your current planet, and when you wish to go to another solar system, go on to the spaceship and choose your observed solar system. (much like the shuttle but with the observatory) you can always go back if you wish.

5. Add Types of Sun

Add red giants, add white dwarfs, add all the stars you could ever know.

6. Add Space Stations

It will be nice to add space stations and observe other planets of the current solar system. and find out diffirent things about that planet! (Hostility, Storms , Minerals ,  and other stuff such as....)

7. Soil Density

this will get annoying on some planets, the soil could be denser, harder to mine, you get more soil, but you mine slower.

8. Space Elevator

it could be cool to build a space elevator to space stations. and could be a must for the spaceship.

9. Asteroid Belts and Comets.

There should be asteroid belts with asteroids (duuh) with different minerals, colors, and density. Comets could be rare, temporary , with juicy, rare minerals.

10. Add Large Solars and Winds

On 7/11/2018 at 1:55 PM, ImperiaL said:

In the world today, wind turbines lock in a storm. If you let them go wild the ends go so fast the will rip the whole thing apart.

Sorry to inject reality into the fantasy.  ?

In regards to new stuff and space in general....

I'd love the idea of more exploration and to see your ideas created.  More content in regards to suns, planets, comets etc sound great but they're an overall picture of what could be. You need content on that content and more in regards to depth. Why go there? Right now I have zero need to leave the planet I started on other than sight seeing. Even then the planets don't behave all that different to each other except some cosmetic changes. With every new patch I create a new game and rarely leave the planet (the moon is kinda cool though). Frankly Im tired of 'lots to see but nothing to do' games.

Space flight needs a major, MAJOR change to make exploration more fun and challenging. If it was my company, I'd start there. To give an example of what has been done already: In Space Engineers I build a space ship, flew out of gravity range of the planet and built a bigger space ship in zero-G. I'd fly back and forth creating my ship for exploration. Once it was done I did explore and it was awesome. Great memories, great times. In Astroneer I click 2 buttons and Im at another planet. Not so fun and not much to do.

I'd make a spreadsheet of reasons why players will go to other planets. Add depth to the planets, create some crazy landscapes and things to do. Even if it was to explore caves to find new cosmetic changes such as new skins\models for the player to change, this would be at least something. If there was a gothy or black type of skin for my character and\or vehicle I would SO go exploring! I've mentioned 'one-off' items such as mega bombs or some crazy turbo to add to your car. Find them exploring and use them once for fun. At least thats something. Add some cyclones, earthquakes, lava or an acid rain that wrecks items. Make players think how to survive on new planets. This is depth. The planets need more of it.

Comets could be very cool. One off almost rare events you could try to fly too to gain some rare mineral. Keep an eye on the sky! Again this would need a space flight upgrade to gameplay. 

Too many ideas. Unfortunately my RSI won't let me type anymore. ;) 

Cheers for the ideas ImpiraL

Wow. Ill soon be working on some photoshopped pictures with everything that  I said. (Hopefully).

Ill get some updates to you when i start

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, ImperiaL said:

Agreed I think up to and including when the storm leaves they should function differently depending on the storm.

2. Interstellar travel.

travel to other stars, discover new types of planets and you will be able to choose your star with..

In the E3 trailer it looked like a black hole and that might actually be an area that you can travel too to get into another solar system. (My thoughts anyway) 

7. Soil Density

this will get annoying on some planets, the soil could be denser, harder to mine, you get more soil, but you mine slower.

nice idea. much like a crane and drill would be necessary for a planet.