Aidan Robertson

Nerf smaller planets / moons?

1163248063_Screenshot_20180711-1159282.thumb.png.68e2842052209d8404c4480b367c3c9d.pngSpent about 15 minutes in a cave, on a moon of a planet I spawned on. Managed to pull out ~20 research node things. I think that a slight nerf to these planets might be needed, because the research was to easy to find. Picture of "my stuff" included

Edited by Aidan Robertson
Picture REALLY big

+1. I didn't even leave the starting planet until I had finished research, so these items are completely useless to me, but there's just so many of them on all the other planets.

Agreed. The size and scale of the solar system is WILDLY out of proportion with the time to complete research. The bigger items should be sufficiently expensive (and research rare) as to require to to decide if you are gonna really explore Terran or push for spaceship to access the "new items" on other worlds. Ive posted before but duplicate research times should give ZERO bytes. 

Give us a reason to go tot he other planets. I want to believe they have a plan to solve this for 1.0 but the closer we get the more I'm preparing to get burned... 

Solve it with difficulty, solve it with options, whatever...but solve it.

Maybe better to have different tech levels?

So basic research points for the basic stuff we have now.  No change needed.

High tech research from harder to find places, giving access to the new toys, that are NICE, but not required for function.

Super-high-tech research stuff yet rarer, but giving REALLY nice abilities.

Alien stuff for really exotic things, but really rare.