Hot planets - Volcanoes, lava flows, poisonous gas?

Maybe there could be a planet type that had a much more hostile surface environment, but with greater rewards for scavenging on it - there could be minerals normally only available underground available on the surface? There could be sulphurous gas clouds which the user needs to avoid, and maybe volcanoes that could erupt, spreading lava? The lava would not need to flow quickly so it would not require a straining liquid simulation. Having hazardous lava flows and pools would add more challenge to navigating the environment, and having a higher amount of rewards could make this sort of planet good end game material?

Attached is an image of the planet Mustafar from star wars, which is the sort of image of this sort of planet that I have in my head.

mustafar.jpg

Edited by Foo555
Change item prefix

don't know about liquid... but yes did suggest something similar that will "work" for any liquid to some degree.

also gasses, weather, effects.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, Spacewolf said:

you do realize your in a sealed spacesuit so gasses wouldn't affect you

I suppose so. You could say the same about the plants that spit gas at you in the caves. In a podcast by the devs, they said that the gas dissolves your suit. Maybe that could be the same case for this gas?

36 minutes ago, Always Decent said:

great idea. Would also be challenging to land on a safe spot!

well... you wouldn't land in lava.

but yeah you might be surrounded by it.
same with a lot different stuff a planet could maybe have?

3 hours ago, Foo555 said:

I suppose so. You could say the same about the plants that spit gas at you in the caves. In a podcast by the devs, they said that the gas dissolves your suit. Maybe that could be the same case for this gas?

I imagined the gas they spit as some sort of gaseous sulfuric acid that's highly corrosive.