Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tubs

Do we need a better crafting system?

Questions about the crafting system that I think need to answered before they start to add anything to this system before 1.0

What makes a Fabricator, a Fabricator?

Why doesn't the Medium Printer have a Interface Tablet?

Why is the Vehicle Bay called a Vehicle Bay if it makes Modules, Objects and Vehicles?

Why doesn't the Medium Printer print packaged forms of Objects?

Why does the fabricator fabricate packaged forms of item?

Why can't we choose if we want the object to packaged or not?

Why can't I unpack a 1x1 package in a medium storage 1x2 slot?

What defines a Small, Medium, and Large thing, module, object, item...?

On 7/7/2018 at 8:36 PM, Sir Tubs said:

Questions about the crafting system that I think need to answered before they start to add anything to this system before 1.0

I have a question for you, why they need to answer those questions? It may be obvious to you, but it is not. Anyway...

What makes a Fabricator, a Fabricator? Because it fabricates things.

Why doesn't the Medium Printer have a Interface Tablet? They are working on interfaces as far as I know... it may have an interface pretty soon.

Why is the Vehicle Bay called a Vehicle Bay if it makes Modules, Objects and Vehicles? It makes Modules and Objects over vehicles, thus it makes sense. 

Why doesn't the Medium Printer print packaged forms of Objects? Maybe in the future would do, maybe not. Most objects, if not all, from the medium printer can be placed on some platforms and are easy to take and move... as if they were packed. On the other hand, most modules from the fabricator aren't as portable after unpacking. 

Why does the fabricator fabricate packaged forms of item? Because they are easier to move and place on platforms like a rover or, more importantly, a (large) shuttle.

Why can't we choose if we want the object to packaged or not? Why would we want to choose not a packaged one if unpacking is simple and fast?

Why can't I unpack a 1x1 package in a medium storage 1x2 slot? Dunno

What defines a Small, Medium, and Large thing, module, object, item...? Their size, maybe?

Most of the answers are my assertions and, therefore, does not imply anything from the devs. 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, Chepelink said:

What makes a Fabricator, a Fabricator? Because it fabricates things. Yea, cool, lets define it though, easier to develop more things in the game if we define its mechanics

Why doesn't the Medium Printer have a Interface Tablet? They are working on interfaces as far as I know... it may have an interface pretty soon. I hope so, i really think that system is really time efficient , I like the placing of the objects and all that but sometimes I wish it would just take it out of my backpack

Why is the Vehicle Bay called a Vehicle Bay if it makes Modules, Objects and Vehicles? It makes Modules and Objects over vehicles, thus it makes sense. I'm mostly interested why the "space boob" or extra large storage is strictly a vehicle thing ( but it can be placed on the Extra Large module or whatever it's called ) and not something that would be made in lets say a Large Fabricator, again lets define things so we know where objects and items are supposed to develop and crafted

Why doesn't the Medium Printer print packaged forms of Objects? Maybe in the future would do, maybe not. Most objects, if not all, from the medium printer can be placed on some platforms and are easy to take and move... as if they were packed. On the other hand, most modules from the fabricator aren't as portable after unpacking. It would be nice if the wind turbine or the solar panel was just a 1x1 package or something to that effect, what sparked this whole conversation was when I was unable to locate the Medium Shredder, because I figured it would be a total great fit for the medium printer, but for some reason it was chosen to be in the small fabricator and when crafted is in packaged form, so why does it get special treatment???

Why does the fabricator fabricate packaged forms of item? Because they are easier to move and place on platforms like a rover or, more importantly, a (large) shuttle. I said this mostly to just ask why did they choose, I understand its portable, but what made them give these items portability and not printer items, again DEFINE CHOICES

Why can't we choose if we want the object to packaged or not? Why would we want to choose not a packaged one if unpacking is simple and fast? Options are always a good thing if having both could make both parties happy, I know when I craft a solar panel, I usually use it right away for a power system in my base or something like that, but if I had a another base somewhere and I was going to make solar panels at another, why cant I just press some button or level so that they can be packaged and easily stored for travel?

Why can't I unpack a 1x1 package in a medium storage 1x2 slot? Dunno On a deep level, i believe there is no good module still for storing items, the best I could do is a large storage in the middle four pegs of a Large Platform A, and then have two medium storage on both 2 peg sides, because the medium printer requires you to place the item or put a medium storage next to it to craft something, any storage for materials needs to use medium storage, and right now there is not a good answer for this

What defines a Small, Medium, and Large thing, module, object, item...? Their size, maybe? Most of the answers are my assertions and, therefore, does not imply anything from the devs. Well of course there size, but I'm saying, let's say, that every small thing can be made in a medium thing, and so on, but with the extra large storage (space boob), it comes from a vehicle bay and not a large fabricator, and does every large thing take 4 pegs?, every medium take 2 pegs?

hahahahahahaha just saw the new update holy crap they took away the medium printer hahahahahahahaha look at that, thats just great

2 minutes ago, Sir Tubs said:

hahahahahahaha just saw the new update holy crap they took away the medium printer hahahahahahahaha look at that, thats just great

and they made everything packaged!!!, well that was one solution, still wish we had a option though

this post appears to be single-handedly responsible for the decision to remove the printer.

seriously. Ive seen literally no-one except Sir Tubs asking for big changes to the crafting system. i wonder if this guy has naked pictures of the Devs?

maybe we should be directing our requests for improvements to Sir Tubs in the future.

1 hour ago, Bron said:

this post appears to be single-handedly responsible for the decision to remove the printer.

seriously. Ive seen literally no-one except Sir Tubs asking for big changes to the crafting system. i wonder if this guy has naked pictures of the Devs?

maybe we should be directing our requests for improvements to Sir Tubs in the future.

You would have to go to twitter or twitch or facebook or instagram or reddit or any other site other than this one. Devs are not here, never here, very rarely here they are always on other platforms. If you want the up to date up to the minute information you must go to another platform. If you want to read the teasers you have to go to another platform. 
It is what it is

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer