Sign in to follow this  
missing1eyebrow

Unable to complete tutorial

Whilst loading up the game for the first time in a long while, I decided that it'd be best to play the tutorial and learn the new features. All seemed to be going well until I got to the canisters section where the game then decided to not register any of the items I printed. No matter if I had made one or 10 (yes, I printed that many) canisters, the tooltip for PRINT A CANISTER FROM YOUR BACKPACK persisted, thus locking out some of the other tips from being completed. I decided to just start up a new game and skip the tutorial, but I wish I could complete the learning process before diving headlong into a fresh game.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes. It is possible to mix up the progression of the tutorial.
It can be completed if you follow it step by step and do not accidently do anything from the quest line before being prompted to

A bit buggy, but this is from 0.8, at the time of this posting 0.9 is out so this could be out of date (I am still downloading)

Having the tips in cronological order in a SEPERATE box on screen in a corner perhaps would help. I gave up when I could not research any further because the research button is broken/missing.

sucks!

Edited by nerb

I have now finished the tutorial and everything is normal, and I did it in the latest version 0.10.2. everything is normal and finish. you only have to do things when they are asked, nothing more. if you make them out of order you will still end up losing the resources you need

2 hours ago, nerb said:

Having the tips in cronological order in a SEPERATE box on screen in a corner perhaps would help. I gave up when I could not research any further because the research button is broken/missing.

sucks!

it's just a tutorial, you do not have to look for research, when you start, in the backpack where you repair your oxygen tank, in this backpack have a search to unlock the cords. you just have to do everything in time. then you will need to put energy on the research desk to have research points to unlock the container and the bank. the bank you will only be able to unlock after you put energy in the capsule inside the cave. following the blocks one by one you can finish the tutorial

translated by google translate  (Pt for Eng)