GlumCashew8980_2018

space trains manual/automatic

Hello I thought of this crazy thing of having space trains that can be very long and are automatic, like you program it to go to certain places depending on how you set up the layout.

Would that be awesome?

I agree with your need for trains but it would be better to make it with the usage of a monorail system that can have several different pieces that would allow for more direction and continuity for the programmers

The train idea does tickle the imagination, spanning large tracks of land to set up loading stations. How about adding robots for scavenging around these stations?

Literally signed up to suggest a monorail system to be used as space aged mine cart, and I am pleasantly surprised to find its already been suggested.

Please make this happen :)

Placing track pieces could work similar to power cables, with a pylon connecting to the ground and the track segment automatically finding the best route from the previously placed pylon. The track could originate from a monorail hub platform/module.

Edited by w00j

I havent seen much of anything the past two weeks, Have you or a friend found a decent true forum to give thoughtful ideas and speak with those crazy developers? I know I'd like to get a hold of thier ears for a few hours.

This could be a system to drag minerals from inside a planet (instead of driving). My only concern would be its speed. Right now, at full speed in a vehicle, I get rocks and things spawning in front of me which could prove a problem. Also, things tend to grow on paths (plants, rocks etc) which might block the train.

As long as its implemented for a particular use and is streamlined to create, I'm all for it.