Ben Pearson

Phantom beacons seen from Barren without Terran visible (0.8.0)

I have 3 beacons on Terran, 2 beacons and my home. There has been a number of times that I have seen these 3 beacons from Barren when exploring, without seeing a planet at all. One such instance I caught on video at the video below. I've also attached an image.

Steam version, 0.8.0, single player, Windows 10.

Untitled.png

I’ve witnessed this, but long before Patch 0.8 came out. I’ve seen all sorts of multicolored beacons as well, sometimes a dozen or more (I use several colors to denote different things, and while I don’t generally use more than a handful, it’s hard to say I there’s a 1:1 correlation). It is very strange indeed, but then again other interesting things occur (like how planets sometimes appear “sliced up”) harmless but some sort of visual, rendering bug. I’m sure the Devs are aware, but it’s not a high priority for now.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Echo said:

I’ve witnessed this, but long before Patch 0.8 came out. I’ve seen all sorts of multicolored beacons as well, sometimes a dozen or more (I use several colors to denote different things, and while I don’t generally use more than a handful, it’s hard to say I there’s a 1:1 correlation). It is very strange indeed, but then again other interesting things occur (like how planets sometimes appear “sliced up”) harmless but some sort of visual, rendering bug. I’m sure the Devs are aware, but it’s not a high priority for now.

I figured, but might as well file the bug report. I'm much more worried about the last one I filed, where I was suddenly thrown way up in the air... This would be nice to fix, but isn't a priority at all, not to me and I doubt to the devs. Just want to make sure a ticket is filed somewhere:-)