Vigilance

Saving Update

To start, let me explain my situation: I'm playing Astroneer on the Xbox One offline. Because of this the date and time on my Xbox say something along the lines of: "September 1st, 2014" I had previously reported the game not saving as a glitch, but later found out that it wasn't saving because the date & time on my console was not correct, however I have no way of changing the date and time while being offline, and none of the other games on my console have this saving issue. I really love playing Astroneer but it can be very frustrating when you can't make any progress because the game won't save. Let me know if there is any way to fix the saving issue, or if not, add a feature in an upcoming update that allows the game to save even when the date and time on the console are incorrect. Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, Vigilance said:

I have no way of changing the date and time while being offline

A friend of mine that has an xbox one said to me that it may be possible if you do a hard reset (or hard restart). You may want to search Google if you have doubts. It seems legit. 

21 minutes ago, Chepelink said:

A friend of mine that has an xbox one said to me that it may be possible if you do a hard reset (or hard restart). You may want to search Google if you have doubts. It seems legit. 

While this may be true, on my Xbox you have to log in as a parent to change the date and time, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but I can't log in because it's offline. All of this being true, the game should still be able to save with or without the correct date & time because every other game I own can do so, which is why I'm suggesting this should be updated and or repaired. (No offense/anger intended)

If that is the case I strongly suggest that you post this in the "report bugs" section, if possible with an screenshot (photo) if there is something on screen about this. That would have a higher chances of this being fixed. 

47 minutes ago, Chepelink said:

If that is the case I strongly suggest that you post this in the "report bugs" section, if possible with an screenshot (photo) if there is something on screen about this. That would have a higher chances of this being fixed. 

I already made a bug report about it a while back and I got tips about "make sure the date and time is correct" or "do a hard restart" etc. And the whole point is, the feature of the game saving even while offline when the date and time is incorrect needs to be added sometime in the near future.

Edited by Vigilance

I think what may be happening is, when the date & time on your xbox are incorrect, it saves as like "September 1st 2014 10:45 AM" (10:45 because you've been playing it for an hour and 45 minutes) and then when you save that and the date & time reset the next time you turn on the Xbox the date is BEHIND the time when you last save. For example, the next time you save it might be September 1st 2014 9:45 AM instead of September 1st 2014 10:45 AM (basically, you're saving something in the 'past' which is why no progress gets saved) in a future update they should implement a feature that allows the game to save even if the date and time is incorrect and appears that you're saving from the past.