SES_joe

Update 0.9.0 - July 6th 2018

1 hour ago, Hugh Armstrong said:

Yes asking the same question as the wiki does not help us, the medium fabricator is also "unlocked" but what does that mean? And how do we find it or use it after unlocking it? We cannot seem to do anything in the game without understanding the next action/step after unlocking something.... We have tried everything via keyboard and controllers to no avail...

The medium fabricator is the thing you get from the landing pad at the start of the game, or you can make one using a small fabricator. If you've unlocked a rover, you probably made a research module at the medium fab. 

There are currently 3 'printers' in game; the small & medium fab, and the vehicle bay. It's fairly simple to get all 3. Anything you unlock will be at one of the printers. 

F1 and the tutorial have some hints to the basic mechanics of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

The medium fabricator is the thing you get from the landing pad at the start of the game, or you can make one using a small fabricator. If you've unlocked a rover, you probably made a research module at the medium fab. 

There are currently 3 'printers' in game; the small & medium fab, and the vehicle bay. It's fairly simple to get all 3. Anything you unlock will be at one of the printers. 

Again we cannot find the medium fab after unlocking it. I guess we (2 players trying to interpret it all) just don't get it.... Cannot find these things or fabricate anything. Videos, tutorial and wiki not really helped as the wiki describes what things are but not how to use them. A very disappointing purchase, will rate it as such. Wish we could get a refund.

21 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

4: Don't forget the backpack printer. 5ish: The vehicle bay can make different things depending on whether the area in front of it is empty or has a vehicle body/platform with open slots.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Armstrong said:

Again we cannot find the medium fab after unlocking it. I guess we (2 players trying to interpret it all) just don't get it.... Cannot find these things or fabricate anything. Videos, tutorial and wiki not really helped as the wiki describes what things are but not how to use them. A very disappointing purchase, will rate it as such. Wish we could get a refund.

Sorry you had such a rough time. If you are on Steam, DM me here and perhaps we can get into a game so I can show you around a bit.

2 hours ago, Hugh Armstrong said:

Again we cannot find the medium fab after unlocking it. 

It's unlocked when you start. The big circle landing pad next to the habitat has a panel. Interact with it, and press the big green button to request a starter package. You'll get two packages from the sky. 

Move the medium platform onto the black surface, deploy it, then plug it in to the habitat, then move the fabricator onto the platform and deploy it. 

Interact with the medium fabricator and select your recipe. Add the resources. Start printing. 

If I were a multiplayer player I'd offer to help more too.