SES_joe

Update 0.9.0 - July 6th 2018

So I'm on Arid setting up an underground base. I have a large platform on the surface with solar panels and large wind turbines. The wind is constantly blowing but the turbine isn't spinning and generating power so no power at night. The tumble spikes still come through solid walls and kill me. These tumble spikes have been coming through solid walls since I started playing this game 260 game hours ago. Wouldn't you think it's time to fix that?

27 minutes ago, pbartbar said:

Wouldn't you think it's time to fix that?

You and I would. However neither of us is on the SES team so we are powerless.
Besides, you are posting it on (this) the SES forum which the SES team does not read. If you want SES's attention you have to go to reddit or twitter or facebook or anywhere other than here. This forum is the equivalent of Astroneer's black hole. 

I seriously doubt they'll ever fix it since they're working on Terrain 2.0, which will replace the whole system.

Yep, the vehicle batteries are still nerfed.  NOT FUN SYSTEM ERA!  Not fun at all.

1 hour ago, Nargg said:

Yep, the vehicle batteries are still nerfed.  NOT FUN SYSTEM ERA!  Not fun at all.

I use a large rover and never run outta power, can run all night and running a large scrapper and never run out. have 12 small batts on small storage and 8 small solar on small storage. what's the issue?

Just now, mumbles mumbles said:

I use a large rover and never run outta power, can run all night and running a large scrapper and never run out. have 12 small batts on small storage and 8 small solar on small storage. what's the issue?

8 small batts seem to have more power then 1 medium and take's the same space use small on a small storage

On 7/6/2018 at 8:39 PM, 101101110111 said:

the O2 warnings now are nearly invisible while digging, i didn't realize i'd strayed too far from my tether until hearing the gasping

I agree there too hard to see now just have to be more aware of your o2

13 minutes ago, mumbles mumbles said:

8 small batts seem to have more power then 1 medium and take's the same space use small on a small storage

In terms of battery capacity, 8 small is the same as 1 medium. It's also much more expensive to use smalls!

I don't understand why people have an issue with rover power either... 

41 minutes ago, mumbles mumbles said:

Batteries take up space.  Duh.  Don't be a dweeb

OK, shredders need to be able to shred Everything.  Nuff said.

On 6/25/2018 at 6:05 PM, SES_joe said:

Still can't seem to move the shuttle efficiently without. A. Wasting fuel to a location that can be miles away. B. Trying and failing to use the crane and wince due to the crane not being able to be removed from the shuttle. And C. Having to ram it with your rover, and even then it may not even budge.

They could have added a lot more for this update they need to fix the part where you cannot pick up scraps they say it can be shredded but its not able to be picked up they need a storage unit for the ones that dont connect to the rover and they should make a extra large shredder for the big broken ships that fell to the planet and also a new attachment for the crane a claw type item to use to pick up large broken ships and scraps

Posted (edited)

also you cannot shred trusters properly u can out them in but as soon as you do they are gone and give you nothing. also the ground is very messed up I places like they just drop down a whole large rover tire and go on like normaly after that very odd

Edited by johnny5xtreme

21 hours ago, pbartbar said:

So I'm on Arid setting up an underground base. I have a large platform on the surface with solar panels and large wind turbines. The wind is constantly blowing but the turbine isn't spinning and generating power so no power at night. The tumble spikes still come through solid walls and kill me. These tumble spikes have been coming through solid walls since I started playing this game 260 game hours ago. Wouldn't you think it's time to fix that?

Are you playing and old save on a new patch? Funny things happens with old saves. I have never seen spike balls go through walls my self.

18 minutes ago, Liten_Gamer said:

Are you playing and old save on a new patch? Funny things happens with old saves. I have never seen spike balls go through walls my self.

Nope. New game with the 0.9.0 update. The tumble spikes have been coming through solid walls since I have been playing this game.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:37 AM, pbartbar said:

The extenders don't work. When using the extenders no power is going through them. Also I can't get my large Rover to move. I have tried everything and can't get it to move. Started a new game after the update. Stuff is broken.

Hi pbartbar,

I also had an issue trying to move a large rover, just after printing it,  while it was connected to the vehicle bay and it did not move. It worked after I removed the cable from the bay. May be this helps you too.

on a new game of this patch when i join the host game, i can not put anything on the top of the rover just front and back. host can put it but i can not,

On a new game and there one of the new landing pads (or whatever they are called) near my base, so I thought I'd built myself a Large Shuttle on it by building a Vehicle Bay on to it. After doing so and feeding it with power from my base (Extenders appear to work fine for me) I went to build the Shuttle, only to find that you can't use a Vehicle Bay built onto a Landing Pad to build vehicles, of any kind. Really kind of annoying, Devs.

I later built another Vehicle Bay on a large plate Form as normal, and that worked (thank God, was worried there for a bit that there was a glitch preventing any vehicles being built). Built my Shuttle, fuelled it up and took off. When I came to land back at the base again, discovered I could land at the first Vehicle Bay that I built, so I can at least use the Vehicle Bay on the Landing Pad now, though not to build. Anyone else tried this yet?

Hi,

Same for me. I built a vehicule bay on the new "space bay". When i tryed to build a shuttle or anything else on this "space bay", nothing worked ! !

(XBOX ONE)

On the implementation of harvestable's items, the idea behind it is, let me quote the source on this.
"The goal of the Harvestables system is to smooth out the starting gameplay experience by offering small, renewable sources of Bytes in areas that might have a low density of Research Chests, and to provide interesting points of interaction across the surface of planets."

Well I just played a game where I only use harvestables and in no time flat I had enough bytes to build everything I needed. I think the reason why it was so easy, was the fact that they were renewable. I do agree that new players should have a easy source of bytes at the beginning but I don't agree with having these harvestables renewable. I think that once you yank them off, that's it, they're gone.

As for the new formations in the caverns, they don't seem to integrate well with the surroundings, a lot of them look out of place. One aspect of these harvestables I found interesting, is that we have the ability to pick them up. The question I have. "WHY?" Why pick them up. Doesn't make much sense does it now.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

you are posting it on (this) the SES forum which the SES team does not read. If you want SES's attention you have to go to reddit or twitter or facebook or anywhere other than here. This forum is the equivalent of Astroneer's black hole.

AMEN!

1 hour ago, Mak-a-Face said:

I think that once you yank them off, that's it, they're gone.

They don't have to be yanked off. Just hover over them and press/hold "E"

Also, I don't agree at all with the quote. I agree it is a direct quote. I don't agree that starting gameplay needs smoothing out
Smoothed out for who? Or is it whom? Regardless, smoothing out? Can someone explain to be what the hell is so bumpy about starting gameplay? And, if it is so bumpy then why not fix what is causing the unsmoothiness rather than adding a patch like 'nuts and bolts' on plants? 

The entire thing seems rather hodge podge to me. All/most other artwork looks great, has a flow, work well together, makes sense, feels correct etc.
Then nuts and bolts on plants?
Then nuts and bolts on rocks?
Then a kiddie cartoony yellow Z when I'm using energy? 
I like the look/feel/colors/artwork before .9. These latest changes are so extremely Fugly.  

I give this patch another solid meh+. I appreciate all the bug fixes, however:

1. The changes to the oxygen reserve notification need to go back to how it was in 0.8.0.0.
  2. Shredders? Are we now a clean-up crew instead of explorers? I hope there is more context coming for this mechanic, because I personally don't see myself wasting time searching for scrap to shred.
  3. The additional research harvestables are ok.

Since this patch did not really introduce anything new to general gameplay other than the shredders, I think I will give the game a pass until the next one...

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I give this patch another solid meh+. I appreciate all the bug fixes, however:

1. The changes to the oxygen reserve notification need to go back to how it was in 0.8.0.0.
  2. Shredders? Are we now a clean-up crew instead of explorers? I hope there is more context coming for this mechanic, because I personally don't see myself wasting time searching for scrap to shred.
  3. The additional research harvestables are ok.

Since this patch did not really introduce anything new to general gameplay other than the shredders, I think I will give the game a pass until the next one...

Very solid review IMHO. 
#1 ugh I hate tethers anyway so there is nothing in this realm that is going to make me happy until I can roam freely! ?‍♀️ No I said freely! ? There ya go!
#2 I have no idea why we even have them. I don't recall but a post or two about space junk... yadda yadda yadda. I had no idea this was even an issue for players. Many players? The majority of players? Then again I'm only on the SES forum so ya know...yadda yadda yadda.
#3 I don't mind them they are just fugly. Give me mini research pods! Give me a plant pimple that glows and when I pluck it oozes plant pimple goo! Give me a leaf looking type thingy. Give me some dripping type sap or something. Give me something more natural like the plant. Something that could conceivably have been a byproduct of that particular plant. 

No pass, me only likey a littley 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer