Since the addon of canisters we require to have at least 1 canister with soil to be able to use the other functions of the terrain tool (add and flat) i think the terrain tool should carry by default a small canister integrated in the tool itself, something like a quarter of a normal canister, which purpose would be only for the modifying terrain and not for soil collection, that would require normal canisters.

This sounds quite good, but we have few things to ask; how much soil will it store? Would it be possible to functiom without canisters but it? If yes, how usefully!

On 6/27/2018 at 5:31 AM, yoavmal said:

This sounds quite good, but we have few things to ask; how much soil will it store? Would it be possible to functiom without canisters but it? If yes, how usefully!

As i suggested above "i think the terrain tool should carry by default a small canister integrated in the tool itself, something like a quarter of a normal canister, which purpose would be only for the modifying terrain and not for soil collection, that would require normal canisters."

On 6/27/2018 at 5:31 AM, yoavmal said:

I just want something small to be able to flatten from the day 1, i like preparing the area before building

Given that the tech is now available form the start, I don't see why to add the functionality. Canisters are too cheap. But I understand why you want to add it from the get go. Before patch 0.8.0.0 I thought the same as you, that the tool should have a small one by default since it is essential to have. Now, I just don't see it anymore. If the devs give us that, better for us.

4 hours ago, Chepelink said:

I don't see why to add the functionality

Because backpack inventory is the most valuable asset the player has. When the total count is only 13 adding or removing 1 is a big change.

1 hour ago, bigessess said:

Because backpack inventory is the most valuable asset the player has.

Certainly it is true. And only for that could be useful to add the functionality. But the deal is that with limited space you should have to plan a bit what are you going to do, even if the tool has a mini canister. If you are out for resources then you almost never need the canister unless you want to gather soil. For exploration is more or less the same. And that is if you don't consider the rovers (medium and large), which expand the inventory for a good amount. 

Nevertheless, it may be a good idea to do it. There are no cons on this.