What about forges, where u can store metals as liquids and require constant power to keep it melted? that would be fun. that would make automation possible with obtaining and refining metals. Vehicles are too easy to make. can we have a LOT more modularity? It would be so cool, fun, and challenging if I had to obtain a motor, a battery, a vehicle frame, and a seat before i could drive.

| Copper + Space ship part --> motor | 2 aluminum --> vehicle frame | lithium + compound --> battery |

what if you could build ur vehicles with parts like these as if they were legos?? SO COOL!! I wana design my own space rover! I would play this game forever if i could build my own things with more basic parts!

To me it feels like this game is missing something, and i feel like adding this would really fill in that gap! and finally, sorry for grammar.

I think this game needs a complete modularity overhaul. no longer print rovers, spaceships, cranes, etc. Instead, you use medium printer to make all of the basic parts, and create your own custom vehicles and spaceships.

Basic Parts: Tank, Canister, Battery, Metal Sheet/frame, Motor, Thruster, Cables, Wire, Solar Panel, Seat, Wheel, Light, Drill, Sensor,  And more... 

All of these are obtainable via crash sites or crafting. When printing on vehicle bay, these basic parts will be required rather than raw resources. This way the player can explore crash sites and salvage parts, or go mining and craft the parts. Some parts may be costly, so it would be better to salvage, others cheap to make with available resources.

Research System: Player must research individual parts, otherwise has to locate them at crash sites. Player can unlock a basic model for vehicle on vehicle bay, or build them custom.

Crash Sites: Obtain all listed parts excluding the canister, wheel, and drill.

Special Part: Programming Chip - required to make self - running and sustaining machines. Used as the center of unmanned machinery; connected by wire.

Spaceflight: The heavier the spaceship, the more fuel consumed. ships and vehicles must abide by basic physics. This means weight balance, payload, lift power and electric power. Also, space flight will be more manual.

Possible Custom build examples: Crane, longer drill, Elevator, Self-mining drill (use sensor, detects ores, etc)

All of these changes would really make this game much more challenging, intricate, and fun.

3 hours ago, DarkPhosphorus said:

I think this game needs a complete modularity overhaul. no longer print rovers, spaceships, cranes, etc. Instead, you use medium printer to make all of the basic parts, and create your own custom vehicles and spaceships.

Basic Parts: Tank, Canister, Battery, Metal Sheet/frame, Motor, Thruster, Cables, Wire, Solar Panel, Seat, Wheel, Light, Drill, Sensor,  And more... 

All of these are obtainable via crash sites or crafting. When printing on vehicle bay, these basic parts will be required rather than raw resources. This way the player can explore crash sites and salvage parts, or go mining and craft the parts. Some parts may be costly, so it would be better to salvage, others cheap to make with available resources.

Research System: Player must research individual parts, otherwise has to locate them at crash sites. Player can unlock a basic model for vehicle on vehicle bay, or build them custom.

Crash Sites: Obtain all listed parts excluding the canister, wheel, and drill.

Special Part: Programming Chip - required to make self - running and sustaining machines. Used as the center of unmanned machinery; connected by wire.

Spaceflight: The heavier the spaceship, the more fuel consumed. ships and vehicles must abide by basic physics. This means weight balance, payload, lift power and electric power. Also, space flight will be more manual.

Possible Custom build examples: Crane, longer drill, Elevator, Self-mining drill (use sensor, detects ores, etc)

All of these changes would really make this game much more challenging, intricate, and fun.

It would definitly be cool to have something like that, but I like the way rovers are created now. I'd want to have it in the way, the large shuttle in the E3 trailer was shown: keeping the things from now, but being able to build very large vehicles and shuttles like you said.

HOw about quality of materials stats = changes performance of engines etc etc. Materials randomise per 24 hours. Higher quality = better parts. Or a refiner to take twice as much material and improve its stats?... might want a torque engine vs speed... depending on the quality of materials etc.. same with lightness for rockets vs heavy for different distances at the cost of more fuel! etc etc and please add jump suits! :0)