Hi, 

first time posting here but have played for over a year. Enjoying 8.0. These are not new ideas; rather ideas rehashed with some twists.

COMPONENTS - I like the idea that there should components,  but for T3 (tier 3) and even some T2 items. They could have names or for Alpha/simplicity-sake, Component A-F, etc. Moreover, have them need to be crafted at a craft-able workbench...

My idea for the workbench is that it resembles half of  the medium rover storage plus a habitat-type enclosure. The storage half would allow medium (8-slot) storages to be attached whereby allowing the astroneer to make Components based on what is currently attached. **see below for automation-linking thoughts** 

It would need to be attached to a platform or a medium/large rover to function (craftable at medium fabricator?). Also, an astroneer could "enter" the workbench during a storm and craft components then. Perhaps its own ui?

I think having "structures" that require multiple components made up of smaller crafted pieces rather than 2 or 4 pieces of copper, etc. will make some more end game parts of the game more strategic to get to.

ELEVATOR - that is made from stackable (T3) evelator modules. They would piece together (only) vertically and only be used for astroneer transport (as opposed materials transport). It would require power and would be oxygenated. Perhaps it would only deploy on a true flat surface and one could dig down from inside? Perhaps a special platform for the first/surface module? Elevator becomes a permanent structure and can't be disassembled once placed.

WEATHER DISHES - having a weather dish that tracks weather patterns, but has slots for 1 weather augments per dish. I.e., it will only track the weather system/hazard that you program it to track. The output is a timer for how long before pattern "touches down". A 2nd augment slot could recieve the Alignment Mod to tell if weather system/ hazard will pass directly overhead. 

HAZARD PLANET - could be a hard to reach planet with a heavy fog/mist (to reduce visibility) with only "end-game" resources, like what Linkman81 mentioned in a previous post about piece-ing together objects for rare modules/etc. This planet would not be overly hazardous, but an astroneer could not build on this planet. Only tethers could attached to the surface (but no compound is available anywhere on the planet, so supplies would have to be brought with). 

SMALL ROVER attached to LARGE SHUTTLE - for initial exploration of new planets.