thelastgansterx

E3 Astroneer Discussion?!!

Recommended Posts

I don't know if you have seen this already, but @Blind Io shared a link to a twitch stream which has an interview and new gameplay footage from an updated version of the game. Maybe this is the new update we're getting? Nevertheless, I'm super pumped for the future. Fast-forward the video to 4 hours 20 minutes for the SES interview and footage.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v272418272

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2018 at 8:29 AM, thelastgansterx said:

Anyone else super excited about what was seen at E3 for Astroneer??? Purple glowing... pyramid, the black hole in the opening first frames!! 

Eh, yeah, not so much. 
The purple glowing pyramid is so very out of place. I thought the whole thing about this game was some sort of homage to the 1960's space program? Do I think it looks 'cool' sure, is it 100% out of place, not in sync with the rest of this game? 100%.
Everything else is blue and white, just like it is now. Fairly subtle and with a type of look/feel, but now we are moving into the 31st century? I think I can find numerous posts about some design goals. Of building some type of look/feel? Then to see the purple triangle just wondering if the whole 1960's homage to NASA is now out the window? 
I like it but not in this game. IMHO, it belongs in another game, a different space game, not this one. 
 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 5:29 AM, thelastgansterx said:

Anyone else super excited about what was seen at E3 for Astroneer??? Purple glowing... pyramid, the black hole in the opening first frames!! 

I think the black hole is just the Exotic with weird graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I don't know if you have seen this already, but @Blind Io shared a link to a twitch stream which has an interview and new gameplay footage from an updated version of the game. Maybe this is the new update we're getting? Nevertheless, I'm super pumped for the future. Fast-forward the video to 4 hours 20 minutes for the SES interview and footage.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v272418272

 

I'll have to check this out! I've been getting super into this game (and when I get into a game, I really get into everything about it). I even tried my first shot ever at trying to break it down - albeit I'm still a noob so I didn't even know the Spike ball tubleweed was a thing when I did it last night XD. 

 

44 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I don't know if you have seen this already, but @Blind Io shared a link to a twitch stream which has an interview and new gameplay footage from an updated version of the game. Maybe this is the new update we're getting? Nevertheless, I'm super pumped for the future. Fast-forward the video to 4 hours 20 minutes for the SES interview and footage.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v272418272

 

I'll have to check this out! I've been getting super into this game (and when I get into a game, I really get into everything about it). I even tried my first shot ever at trying to break it down - albeit I'm still a noob so I didn't even know the Spike ball tubleweed was a thing when I did it XD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Eh, yeah, not so much. 
The purple glowing pyramid is so very out of place. I thought the whole thing about this game was some sort of homage to the 1960's space program? Do I think it looks 'cool' sure, is it 100% out of place, not in sync with the rest of this game? 100%.
Everything else is blue and white, just like it is now. Fairly subtle and with a type of look/feel, but now we are moving into the 31st century? I think I can find numerous posts about some design goals. Of building some type of look/feel? Then to see the purple triangle just wondering if the whole 1960's homage to NASA is now out the window? 
I like it but not in this game. IMHO, it belongs in another game, a different space game, not this one. 
 

IDK, They're looking to add some sort of narrative to the game, which to me means End-Game content and some actual 'ending' to a story. I have a feeling that the purple pyramid represents whatever happens end-game or it's just part of the narrative they're trying to set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thelastgansterx said:

IDK, They're looking to add some sort of narrative to the game, which to me means End-Game content and some actual 'ending' to a story. I have a feeling that the purple pyramid represents whatever happens end-game or it's just part of the narrative they're trying to set up. 

It looks to me like it's some sort of alien tech that crash lands and becomes a different source of power for the Astroneer if you can figure it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sticking with: Full release 12/18. (^_^)

Although, it kinda makes me think that Terrain 2.0 is going to be held for 1.0 release, which would be a very bad idea (we can't find ways to break it before they release it, if they don't give us a chance...), but maybe I'm just paranoid... I sure hope I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now