Zylo

Beta patch access on steam?

Hello, I was wondering how I can access the beta patch on steam? It says I need a code, after scouring through the forums in search of the code I can't find it. Not even on the thread devs posted about the patch itself. 

Thanks everyone!

Under the Library list, right click on the title of the game and then select the far right tab which should be OPT IN or BETA and then select to opt in to the bet and keep updated. Then restart steam and then the game.

1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

Under the Library list, right click on the title of the game and then select the far right tab which should be OPT IN or BETA and then select to opt in to the bet and keep updated. Then restart steam and then the game.

Thank you, I saw the box where it said to enter a code for private betas that's where I got thrown off.

The experimental branch does not get change notes - consider it a "scratch pad" for the devs to allow the helpful (or foolhardy) to assist with testing. For example 0.2.116.0 had some serious issues to do with resources being massively duplicated so 0.2.117.0 came out quickly.

Today the 0.2.117.0 version was pushed to the main (non-experimental) version for all players and hopefully change notes will follow.

It would be prudent to start a clean v117 world if you are having any issues that may be mentioned in the change log when it comes out.