bigessess

Upgrades while inside habitat

I would like to be able to access the upgrade menu while inside the habitat.

Sounds legit enough.

I could be making important decisions while hiding from the storm, need to check my notes etc...

Just hold (default hotkey) Q while inside and the thing opens and functions as normal, view and/or upgrade stuff

On 6/11/2018 at 6:00 AM, bigessess said:

Just hold (default hotkey) Q while inside and the thing opens and functions as normal, view and/or upgrade stuff

Could you give me examples of upgrades and decisions you could make?

Ummm… sure...

Hold (default hotkey) Q until the normal menu opens.

See 'everything' within that menu. What has been upgraded, what is available to be upgraded, what you can afford to upgrade. All of that.

After seeing another post of kinda the same topic, someone else suggested seeing the habitat from the inside view while inside it. Even better. You could access not just that menu but other things, (power/oxygen in/out of the habitat and things connected to it) but do so in a new way, from the inside view.

Phase 1, the entire screen could just be a view of a console inside the habitat, phase 2 a full interior with various panels as things are added

Makes me love the idea even more. Tie in yet another post, and lets just walk straight in to this new habitat

Although you make me loving this idea more, I asked for examples of upgrades and choices you could've made inside the habitat.

Maybe getting a top theoritcal view of the modules and how they're connected.

Oh you mean what does it look like? eh... idk.. but there is another thread where this topic was mentioned with something related I said some stuff there

One thing is like you said above, you can see what is connected power/oxygen wise to the habitat you entered

Then of course to be able to do the research

A third one could map the planets you have been to

A fourth one could map the other habitats on said planets

Even placed beacons could be something you could look at

And if the habitat does take on an 'indoor' look, then there would be a new need for some indicator to prevent you from walking out into a storm while the storm gods are playing dice

These are all things that can be seen in one way or another, but putting access in the habitat gives a more realistic headquarters... a place to access information etc... idk... I think it is not a NEEDED feature, just a really cool one

Storm time is boring, newbies spend time in there not knowing what is going on, this would provide something to keep the mind occupied while the storm passes

Edited by bigessess

Alright, i didn't mean this kind of example but you can't really understand what i meant without a long explenation, so i better not start.

This feature would be nice, and if we go for it, you maybe could (as if there was a camera on beacons) to view what you see on these.

Maps are not really accepted by the developers.

By map, I am thinking some device that allows you to see the view you can see from orbit, without getting on the ship and going to orbit

Just hop in the habitat and bring it up, but again, this is something you unlock with the same difficulty as unlocking the ship and everything necessary to go to orbit.

No real advantage other than you do not have to waste the time and fuel to actually take off for a peek at the planet