Sustainability, You?

Does anybody else ever feel like when discovering a new resource well, whatever you dig out, you decide that its the right thing to do; to put the terra back, and try and make it as original terrain as possible.. So that it isn't a hazard for any other astroneer. ?☝

It could also just be my OCD ?? ? 

What I'm getting at is since patch, the tethers don't cause much fps issues to crash.. That's great news ! 

The terrain is a bit glitched.. Like I could fall through invisible walls too..  But ive been repairing the land with my tool. It is possible but time consuming.. Im bout ready to ditch this base

I dont usually have enough power left after cleaning out a resource to fill it back in without waiting, so i dont usually bother.  But one thing i have noticed is that sometimes if you do fill it in or build a ramp over and return later (after a reload).   Sometimes the resource has returned and you can harvest it again.   

1 minute ago, Nano said:

I dont usually have enough power left after cleaning out a resource to fill it back in without waiting, so i dont usually bother.  But one thing i have noticed is that sometimes if you do fill it in or build a ramp over and return later (after a reload).   Sometimes the resource has returned and you can harvest it again.   

Reminds me I was going to report this as a bug.

3 minutes ago, Martin said:

Reminds me I was going to report this as a bug.

Pretty sure they are aware of it, i saw it in a thread the other day. 

I fix the terrain too... especially if it is near my base. Just feel like I need to clean up. I also try to "re-plant" the plants that dig up for the research underneath! I have noticed quite a bit terrain "tears on the surface of the planets since the patch (xbox one) as well.

22 hours ago, Nano said:

Hey im not complaining ;)

On 12/24/2016 at 2:40 AM, Martin said:

I repair the land.. I always fall in the holes if i don't.

Yeah, me too. I got tired of getting trapped and dying, or falling toward the center of the earth.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:04 PM, TheMartian said:

Does anybody else ever feel like when discovering a new resource well, whatever you dig out, you decide that its the right thing to do; to put the terra back, and try and make it as original terrain as possible.. So that it isn't a hazard for any other astroneer. ?☝

It could also just be my OCD ?? ? 

I routinely cover up my holes, if it's feasible. Though I do it less now.

Speaking of sustainable, I understand that thermal power will be coming at a later date--the reason thermal vents have a two connector setup. 

I have yet to venture off too far. Ive been establishing my bar and I built an underground entrance below my base that goes down beneath the Crust to what I can a resource honey pot. I found by accident. 

I left two holes near my base and always had to avoid them when going back to base. Eventually I got pissed and I closed every nearby hole that I could find.

Yes, I usually fill in the hole.

1.  Don't want to fall in.

2.  I feel that if you leave some resources in the well it will regenerate over time if you fill it back in.  Hunch not confirmed.

It seems my spacecraft landed a nice cozy spot in the tundra.. I feel so fellowship of the rings right now ! Lol

I imagine the beginning of a marvelous base !!

Its nice too cuz at highest point i can see the beacons from alpha base on terra

20161228_022539.jpg

On 24/12/2016 at 11:40 PM, Martin said:

I repair the land.. I always fall in the holes if i don't.

This.

You only have to fall down a huge hole in your shiny new truck once to learn the habit :P

25 minutes ago, Bryan Chung said:

Same here. I do try to cover holes because I don't want to fall into them. There was once I felt in WITH MY TRUCKS and 2 ROVERS. Hard time trying to get out! :D

Here was the screenshot. Hehe! :P My friend had to try help remove it for 20 mins! Oops! :D 

Desktop 12.29.2016 - 17.20.12.02.png

Funny I just started relocating the trees and stuff around my hab hoping to help deflect the storms. My new game I started landed me into a canyon so I opened it up a little at the bottom to help make room, I think I like the location better than my first game.

Tis an odd thing, but if there's a single tree, a group of boulders or a hole in the ground, I have a 99% chance of hitting or falling in.  So covering holes and canyons.. burying trees etc.. is good practice.

On 12/25/2016 at 8:07 AM, Wyvyrias said:

Personally I leave it as it is. That way I leave marks to see where I was. :D

Unless the holes are potential death traps.

I've begun just creating several mounds around big holes to serve the purposes of being able to see them and help prevent driving a truck into them by accident.

On 30/12/2016 at 1:52 PM, Bryan Chung said:

Here was the screenshot. Hehe! :P My friend had to try help remove it for 20 mins! Oops! :D 

Desktop 12.29.2016 - 17.20.12.02.png

20mins? You could fill that hole in, pop the truck out and dig it back out in 5.