I'm so mad

mudge002

13 in-game hours, and all the work that goes with it down the drain because I fell through the world.

I could recover, sure - with a lot of hard work (Was riding my large rover coming back from a huge haul)

But I shouldn't have to.

Why does this happen and why isn't there a hotfix for it like a week ago? 

Game is literally unplayable in this state. People use that phrase too much and I myself make fun of people that do, but for fear of actually truly legitimately literally losing everything I just spent hours doing, I cannot play. Definition of unplayable.

Remember that this is Early Access and issues are to be expected. While it seems unreasonable that the developers are not simply fixing every critical bug that comes up, remember that it's not that easy. They need to track down each bug and find a way to solve it. On top of that the next update may just break it again because various strings of code are depending on each other, effectively wasting work. That's why it's still Alpha. We haven't gotten to the Beta stage yet.

But of course, particular bugs like that are being constantly tracked and they are trying to find viable solutions.

Fixing the old Terrain doesn't make much sense at this stage I think, they have to rework all of this with Terrain 2.0. Same for the small render distance of objects.

4 hours ago, mikk said:

Fixing the old Terrain doesn't make much sense at this stage I think, they have to rework all of this with Terrain 2.0. Same for the small render distance of objects.

That's correct.
All those fixes, in particular for terrain, are already being worked on in the background and will be rolled out once the right time has come (meaning they're fleshed out and all the really bad bugs have been squished).

12 hours ago, Mr Night in Faded Armor said:

Does system era have a QA software team that works on these kinds of things?  Do they have the staff to do regression testing?  How many people work on these bugs?

They have somewhat of a QA, although they're currently hiring more people.