genesis999

road builder mod with optional edge templates

I would love to see if its doable is a road builder. you fill up the back with 64 canisters of dirt (or have new super large canisters 2 slot = 64 small canisters) + large water storage to match (64 small canisters (collected and farmed from moisture seedlings in a biofarm plantation or advanced tech moisture collectors . Fit this auto terrain skimmer at the front with modular width additions. The wider it is the bigger the roads but uses up more dirt and water. The roads should autocurve with the planets size.

Additional edge mod for adding road edges left and right selectable styles or 2d shapes, straights, beveled, etc. So say four road attachments + left and right edge attachments. Load up with dirt +water switch it on and drive in the direction you want. It should destroy anything in its path and bulldoze rocks out the way. Any empty space below it is filled up to make bridges. Do that.. and you got a potential infrastructure city builder. Add in prefixed dirt shapes as above the other simple shapes to make any buildings or/and advanced tech snapable parts in the 3d printer using aluminum, titanium, copper etc etc. From doors to windows to glass to metals with different colour options. Have nodes on them to plugin different lights.

With tilt option you can alter while driving the angle in increments of 1 degree. 0 = follows planet curvature. +1 + 2 +3 for steeper roads/bridges or slopes -1 -2 -3 degrees etc.
Now we talking. It will allow some pretty cool bases all connected to each other. Worth the grind.

roverroadbuilderwithlightnodes.png

roverroadbuilder.png

The other idea is a frontal mobile printer that can print and join a selection of prefabricated sections. Each section can be joined by driving near the edge and continuing to print. So degree options, crossways, dynamic turning angles. Bridge versions with supports etc etc. 

If they could make straight lines available we wouldn't need this.

Mainly just being to do right angles and keep sharp edges. I know it can be done but it is a bear to pull off.

Great idear!
I want to be able to:
Choose the colors of the roads
Add lighting
Add docks/garages for vehicles
Add beacons (player can turn on/off have color options) (requires additional resources)
Add tethers (requires additional resources)
Add power to roadway (solar/wind/generator) which can be transferred to all vehicles removing the need for batteries while on the roadway
Have the ability to construct enough road to encircle any planet
Build off/on ramps
Add signage and the lettering on said signs
Must allow head on collisions! 🤪 You don't have to crash into each other but then again, why not?

+1 very solid idea! Impressive.

I would also like to see the ability to integrate power and batteries into the curbs so you could recharge your rovers along the way. I suppose in the mean time we could just create pullover bays with a solar array and several batteries in a platform/storage to draw from.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, juz4kix said:

If they could make straight lines available we wouldn't need this.

"Straight" when about every 50 feet the world curves

Honestly, I could make do with a variation of the Alignment mod that followed the curve of the planet.

Like, when you start using it, it says "Okay, I'm this many units above the core of the planet. Level all geometry to as close to that many units as I can."