Driving the small rover on the map, I ran over a flat, medium size rock. The end result is it left all tires up in the air, unable to move and get it off the rock. I may eventually try getting a medium rover later and ramming it to knock it off, but it seems like there should be a way to reset a vehicle (in a manner of speaking). 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I always carry an Inhibitor, as it’s incredibly useful for all manner of things. One of those things happens to be fixing this. Inhibitor removes rocks and boulders (almost all of them anyway. It basically scalps all stuff from terrain surface but leaves the underlying terrain intact. It might bump your vehicle up in the air a bit, don’t be alarmed if that happens. I try to just scoot the margin of terrain tool reticle over gently to just barely nudge the rock so I don’t send my vehicle flying lol (the Devs really need to fine tune this response so objects don’t overreact to the Inhibitor) but you can definitely fix your issue with this tool mod and get your vehicle unstuck. The Inhibitor May seem a bit costly (think it’s 1200 Bytes) but trust me it’s awesome to have. Love it for scalping (mowing) my base which yields plenty of organics for generators early in game, it makes fast work of harvesting oxygen and power in caves, and if you don’t like mining out holes in the ground near your base (and having to cover them over so you don’t fall in or drive into one of them in the dark lol) it’s great for that too. It’s one of the first items I unlock every game. It’ll remove the top half or so of a resource pile (which is generally spherical in-ground) but if you need more later you can come back as the sign for the stuff (say “compound” pile) remains in place. You’ll have to dig a bit deeper to collect what’s left behind. Be aware, there is some power consumption when using mods like the Inhibtor. I keep a power cell on my pack, easy to make from 1 compound, cost 600 Bytes I think to unlock, but it's easier to just grab a power nugget from a cave tbh. Sometimes you’ll find a dead explorer pack with several power cells as well. Rarely I’ve found an Inhibitor in a pack, but that’s not something to rely on. Hope this helps! :) 

This happens to me frequently, even with the larger vehicles. Just get out and dig out the rock. The truck might bounce around, and you may have to drive it out of a small pothole, but it never fails. The suggestion of the inhibitor mod above is more elegant, certainly, but it isn't required by any means. I mean, this is actually something that could happen with a smaller vehicle on uncertain, rocky terrain - I never considered it a bug by any means. Just like many things in Astroneer, the solution is excavation. ?

Edited by BLEDHA