Wayne Holt-Golding

0.7.0.0 update causing frame rate drop on Xbox One

Xbox One (not S or X)
V 0.7.0.0

After recently updating to version 0.7.0.0 and running my one and only saved game file, the game graphics are running at what can only be described as a low frame rate. My 'Astroneer' appears to be walking and running at a much slower pace and all other graphics, including vehicle movements are also at a reduced and 'laggy' frame rate.
As an experiment I decided to start a new game file and hey presto, that runs at the expected 'regular' game speed.
I went back to my original game save and it is still running slow. I also tried uninstalling Astroneer completely and reinstalling but to no avail.
I can only think that the update must have done something to my save file, and while I do enjoy this game, i'd rather not have to start from the beginning!!!!!
Is there a fix or a patch for this?

Saves aren't safe across version upgrades. The devs didn't put a warning on this version but it's best to start a new game each time.

I started a new game and it was fine at first. Later it got worse again. Frame rate issues, freezing, crashing and falling through world.