Sign in to follow this  
unvaluedflyer31

poor user information on game

How does anything work on the backpack?  I have been unable to do anything in three days. The explanation on the back button means, or fails how to mix compounds. I feel the these

games form original computer modes to xbox, which I am using have user information very poor.  This is not the first time with this type of platform; try groundforce!

regards with problems  andy:  unvaluedflyer31.

RT/left click to grab items

you can press X/E to open your terrain tool, where you can put three more item (the modifications to the terrain tool just work if you place them here)

hold Q/X to open the research catalog, the schematics in the middle will be the researched thing.

that's it, i think

On 5/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, unvaluedflyer31 said:

How does anything work on the backpack?  I have been unable to do anything in three days. The explanation on the back button means, or fails how to mix compounds. I feel the these

games form original computer modes to xbox, which I am using have user information very poor.  This is not the first time with this type of platform; try groundforce!

regards with problems  andy:  unvaluedflyer31.

Most of the controls are in the quick help. What do you mean by mix compounds? 

Controls;

Hold Y to open the research catalog. Use LB/RB to change categories and D-pad to select blueprints. 

Press Y to open the backpack. 

Use the D-pad to change the schematic and A to begin printing. 

Press X to bring up the terrain tool slots. 

Use LT to bring up a cursor to interact with items using RT. 

Brief starter guide;

Examine the landing pad and deploy the platform, connect it to your habitat
Deply the medium fabricator on the platform
Following the on-screen prompts, dig up some 3 resin, 4 compound, and 1 organic
Craft a small generator in your backpack, place organic on the generator
(You can turn off the genny if you don't need the power)
Research the canister and tethers, then craft them in the backpack
Examine the medium fab to see what you can build or just start exploring!

Many thanks for this explanation on the controls; which I have just tried.  Sadly it did not work for me. Maybe it's just not my game?

regards  unvaluedflyer31 

10 hours ago, unvaluedflyer31 said:

Many thanks for this explanation on the controls; which I have just tried.  Sadly it did not work for me. Maybe it's just not my game?

regards  unvaluedflyer31 

Or maybe just learn how to play the game yourself instead of expecting it all on a plate. Half the fun comes from figuring things out for yourself. Such is life.

Gee, thanks LBm. Always great to have someone just spit in someone's face, just because they have failed to understand something, and rather than trashing the game in reviews have come to the forums to ask for help. Way to constructively add to the community.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:51 AM, unvaluedflyer31 said:

Ok. unvaluedflyer31:  It seems you are using English as your second language, no? By your questions, I'm not sure you understand what actions are available in the game.

Your backpack is for carrying items that are small enough to fin on it (resources, tool mods, items), and for making items that you have unlocked or start the game with them unlocked (like the Small Fabricator). You do not MIX compounds. You collect Compound and Resin and use those materials in your pack or in larger devices to make other items/machines.

When you 'open' your Backpack (it gets big and faces toward you), you can remove materials to place them somewhere else (many people use a hole in the ground at first just to store materials), or at the bottom of your pack there is a personal fabrication area. If you click the arrows, you can choose among any printable items, and if you have the material needed to print that item out, it should automatically move to the print zone. If it does, you simply select the [ ! ] button to make that item. If you don't see the item you want to make (like Tethers), then you probably don't have it Researched.

When playing, you will HAVE to have: 1 Large Platform A, with a Research Chamber on it. Any basic resource can be used for 'Research Data', and the game also includes strangely shaped 'blocks' (some look organic, some like minerals, some like space ship parts) that can be carried with your lifting beam, or placed on a 2-pip vehicle location. These give FAR more 'Research Bytes' than common materials. Once you have some 'Research Data', open your pack, and select the handle sticking out of the left side of your pack. That will open the 'Research Menu' and allow you to spend your points on unlocking items you wish to be able to make. There are 4 categories of items, so make sure you go through all 4 buttons to see everything you can unlock.

You might do well to look for videos on YouTube by searching for 'Astroneer 0.7 xbox gameplay', and watching someone else playing that already knows what to do.

Good luck!