Zammis

0.7.0.0 - Steam - Unable to take Inventory off fallen Astroneer

Summary:
0.7.0.0 - Steam - Unable to take Inventory off dead Astroneer

Description: 
I found a fallen astroneer in the caves.  I used to be able to remove the items on the backpack.  After this patch (5/8) i can no longer select the items on the backpack of the fallen astroneer.

Platform:
Steam 

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4GHz
  • GPU: Radeon RX 480
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Hz 

Capture.JPG

I finally found a Astro doll to see if I could pick up the items and yes, it did allow me to pick up the items on the Astro doll. But I did notice about three times where I couldn't select any items on my own backpack or pickup items on the ground.

The only way I found to clear this problem was exit to the main menu then returned to the game. Another way is to use the ALT key to open the backpack or jump into a vehicle or habitat then exit. After that it would reset something and I was able to select items again.

Related note: In a multiplayer game, I died as host, and the guest was unable to pick up any of the items from my body, even after I placed them on the ground or on his backpack.

I found a second "astroneer doll" after driving around a bit more, and it was the same.  I could not access anything on the doll backpack, but my own backpack was fine to access.  So getting into and out of a vehicle didn't seem to help. I also noticed that there was a second set of backpack items under the first doll.  I didn't restart to main menu, but I can try it later today.

Capture2.JPG

Ive had this, after the new rover patch was implemented. weird items in the backpack, too. couldn't pick up anything including stuff that fell of the doll onto the ground, which my hover identifier said was resin.

Ok, so one thing that isn't specifically asked for in the bug submission template, is whether the but exists on a save file, and what version that save file was last played.  This bug happened on save files from 0.6.8 when played on a 0.7.0 client.  I started a new world, found a doll, and this bug did not happen.  Maybe it is only with the old save files?