Ashish

Issue while moving large platform

Hi,

I would like to report a problem that I have been having, please accept my apologies if this has been already reported or is an expected behavior. 

I am playing on xbox one x, problem I am having is while trying to move items on large platform, I am not able to move some items when placed on a large platform. This is only in case of some specific items (therefore I suspect it may be expected behavior). For me this is happening for a research chamber and vehicle bay. I initially placed them on certain locations but now I need to move them but am unable to do so. I tried after removing the power cables. 

I am able to move other items that were placed on a large platform, medium printer and Mineral extractor both I was successfully able to move, which are placed on large platforms. Please suggest me action, I had to create vehicle bay again since I placed it at a point where is couldn't print anything :(. Please let me know if there is a workaround.

Ashish

18 hours ago, Ashish said:

Hi,

I would like to report a problem that I have been having, please accept my apologies if this has been already reported or is an expected behavior. 

I am playing on xbox one x, problem I am having is while trying to move items on large platform, I am not able to move some items when placed on a large platform. This is only in case of some specific items (therefore I suspect it may be expected behavior). For me this is happening for a research chamber and vehicle bay. I initially placed them on certain locations but now I need to move them but am unable to do so. I tried after removing the power cables. 

I am able to move other items that were placed on a large platform, medium printer and Mineral extractor both I was successfully able to move, which are placed on large platforms. Please suggest me action, I had to create vehicle bay again since I placed it at a point where is couldn't print anything :(. Please let me know if there is a workaround.

Ashish

You should be able to move all platforms, even if they have modules deployed on them.

Make sure you're unplugged, then use the LT cursor to put the highlight on the platform rather than the module.

As in, it's easy for the highlight to snap to the module rather than the platform. Hope that makes sense and helps. 

2 hours ago, Blind Io said:

You should be able to move all platforms, even if they have modules deployed on them.

Wrong, read the patch notes again.

I'll "clarify" here:
Base Facilities (deployed Vehicle bay, Research Chamber, Fuel Condenser, Printer, Smelter, Trade platform, etc, etc...) CANNOT be moved, nor can the platform they are attached to be moved.

"Boxed" modules (un-deployed Vehicle bay, Research Chamber, Fuel Condenser, Printer, Smelter, Trade platform, etc, etc..) can be moved, as can a platform they are attached to.

Once you Deploy/un-box it, it is there forever. (well, barring enough TNT to make the Tsar Boma look puny)

21 minutes ago, Lord_Greyscale said:

Wrong, read the patch notes again.

I'll "clarify" here:
Base Facilities (deployed Vehicle bay, Research Chamber, Fuel Condenser, Printer, Smelter, Trade platform, etc, etc...) CANNOT be moved, nor can the platform they are attached to be moved.

"Boxed" modules (un-deployed Vehicle bay, Research Chamber, Fuel Condenser, Printer, Smelter, Trade platform, etc, etc..) can be moved, as can a platform they are attached to.

Once you Deploy/un-box it, it is there forever. (well, barring enough TNT to make the Tsar Boma look puny)

You're reading something wrong there, friend. Please use a more respectful tone when I'm trying to help you!

I just tested on my Xbox; Vehicle bay, smelter, printer, research station, etc, deployed modules and all. Here's a pic of me holding my vehicle bay. 

Are you trying to pull the deployed module off (not possible) or move the platform? 

Also the few times I've tried it, one stick of dynamite destroys a platform. 

IMG_20180424_133143.jpg

Hi,

thanks for the advice @Blind Io i was able to use the platform once i used the ‘Lt’ button :)

my only feedback would be that i had no idea that i could use the ‘Lt’ button, it is really useful now that i started using it, but i cannot seem to find anywhere this is mentioned. 

Anyway, thanks for your help!