for lack of a better term.. i encounter this situation, often when running down hill, or start from a ledge and fall a little but not much, my astroneer starts to 'surf', gliding along the terrain, you can sort of steer, its weird.  not sure if that intended.  Sometimes it's interesting, but can be annoying.  pushing back on the keyboard, or jumping will put an end to it, but it happens a lot so..

4 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

for lack of a better term.. i encounter this situation, often when running down hill, or start from a ledge and fall a little but not much, my astroneer starts to 'surf', gliding along the terrain, you can sort of steer, its weird.  not sure if that intended.  Sometimes it's interesting, but can be annoying.  pushing back on the keyboard, or jumping will put an end to it, but it happens a lot so..

This happens to me all the time, jumping seems to stop it every single time until they work on the coding for it a bit more. It's actually kind of useful if you're in a situation where your O₂ is running low and you need to hurry up lol.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

pretty sure the community generated term is to "slide"