jackwhitehead752811318

Food and Water in Astroneer

39 minutes ago, jackwhitehead752811318 said:

I'm sorry, I read through Astroneer's roadmap and saw that food and water has already been planned.

Thanks,

Jack

Unless we're looking at different roadmaps, food and water are not on the plan. Don't get your hopes up! The devs might add more 'survival' elements, but haven't suggested that there's any intention for that until after 1.0

hey jack you don’t need to write your name after every comment we can just look on the left and see your username 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:37 AM, Blind Io said:

Unless we're looking at different roadmaps, food and water are not on the plan. Don't get your hopes up! The devs might add more 'survival' elements, but haven't suggested that there's any intention for that until after 1.0

You must have missed them.

Capture.PNG.6a500c0a80ae451f8c73b7f1beb4a8d5.PNG

24 minutes ago, Warcries said:

I'm just responding to the food and water.

Well, try to look at the context next time! Liquid doesn't mean drinking water, farming doesn't mean food. 

45 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

Well, try to look at the context next time! Liquid doesn't mean drinking water, farming doesn't mean food. 

Actually, Astroneer developers said they will be adding water and they said they main that when they say liquids, the devs also made a dying of hunger animation, showing they probably are adding food (https://mobile.twitter.com/astroneergame/status/686012691186462720/video/1).

Perhaps the survival element can be turned on and off. If it isn't added to the base game then some clever soul will make a mod for it, as soon as mod support is added.

Survival systems like that are one of my personal favorites.
There's no particular reason to be against it, you either want it or don't want it, they're not gonna force it upon you. That's what game modes/settings are for.