V0.6.8 PC/WIN "Tutorial" still bugged and incomprehensible

Shabazza

The tutorial is not explained to the user as being one.
You are not informed about what to do or that there actually IS a real tutorial that you have to complete in order to
get the most vital items unlocked. (like tethers or a canister)
The steps to take are not clear at all.
Harvesting some resin or compound will also often not unlock the next tutorial step (of which you btw don't know anything as a new player).
So for the last 8 updates or so, I start a new game, try to do the tutorial and quit the game after 10 minutes in frustration, because I can't get thethers unlocked
and hope for the next patch to fix it.

19 minutes ago, Shabazza said:

The tutorial is not explained to the user as being one.
You are not informed about what to do or that there actually IS a real tutorial that you have to complete in order to
get the most vital items unlocked. (like tethers or a canister)
The steps to take are not clear at all.
Harvesting some resin or compound will also often not unlock the next tutorial step (of which you btw don't know anything as a new player).
So for the last 8 updates or so, I start a new game, try to do the tutorial and quit the game after 10 minutes in frustration, because I can't get thethers unlocked
and hope for the next patch to fix it.

Print and turn on a small genny.

If you can't manage that, you can always research any resource you find to get a few urgent bytes. 

Edited by Blind Io

It seems to me that at this stage of the game (Alpha) doing a tutorial is a waste of time. There are so many mistakes to fix. It's better to let the creators devote this time to improvements and improvements. As you must come to solutions, the game is more interesting.

Wydaje mi się, że na tym etapie gry (Alfa) robienie samouczka to strata czasu. Jest tyle błędów do naprawienia. Lepiej niech twórcy ten czas poświęcą na poprawki i udoskonalenia. Jak sam musisz dojść do rozwiązań,  gra jest się ciekawsza.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 11:31 PM, Blind Io said:

Print and turn on a small genny.

If you can't manage that, you can always research any resource you find to get a few urgent bytes. 

And how does printing a generator solve the "no tethers unlocked" problem?
I can't walk away from the base for more than 1 minute without tethers. It's unplayable like that.
They should just unlock tethers, regardless I the tutorial is done or not. Just to spare players frustration at the very start.

Edited by Shabazza

1 hour ago, Shabazza said:

I can't walk away from the base for more than 1 minute without tethers. It's unplayable like that.
They should just unlock tethers, regardless I the tutorial is done or not. Just to spare players frustration at the very start.

Turning on a generator gives you enough bytes to unlock canisters and tethers. So that solves the problem. 

The purpose of the tutorial is to introduce the players to the various concepts in the game, in this case the research catalog. Eventually/soon the tutorial will be split off from the main game. 

3 hours ago, Shabazza said:

So here is my tip for someone starting out with limited resources near to the drop zone (which is rare, but does happen to me from time to time):

If you have resin nearby, but no compound:

- get the medium platform and fabricator from the initial landing zone inspect

- print a large platform

- unpack it, and carry it around while searching for compound.  Drop it if you need air supply.

If you have compound, but no resin:

- follow the tutorial and craft the generator and then craft the tethers

However, if you truly do not have resin or compound nearby:

-  This is an opportunity for your enhancement request, and I suggest instead of us already knowing the blueprint with no nearby materials (as you mentioned is the initial problem), the dev team could give us a stack of tethers as part of our initial supply.  This gives us the tools we need to find materials, but still forces us to learn the research catalog.