I discovered how the drill works together with the mineral extractor, and it's fantastic!

20180414002858_1.thumb.jpg.0f1e021acf3d9ccc91389bc98e481ac3.jpg

20180414003122_1.thumb.jpg.38f3cefb694440323ebd0ad853e7a738.jpg

This will save me a lot of work, because it automatically gathers all the drilled ground!

Obviously I had to secure my long Rover, while I was working with my drilling head, with a winch!

Because otherwise, the Rover moves with the strong inclination of the terrain.

20180414003302_1.thumb.jpg.d9aed9b45c267c8f5cc8b4922d383e61.jpg

I am very happy with this discovery!! :D

Another interesting and important discovery for me, which will also help me, I was thinking of adding another trailer to carry a research chamber in my travels (and we know perfectly what happens when we add more trailers) and then I tried to join these two machines in one only vehicle and it worked perfectly!

20180414171723_1.thumb.jpg.f92e17216d2542073c3efa55eed30db3.jpg

Did you know that if you press the right mouse button while using the punching head or while using the personal terrain tool, the camera will accompany the movement of these tools? (to where we are pointing)

It is an interesting and sometimes quite useful detail.

Another important information to speed up the work (to facilitate it): Holding the shift key, when pressing the left button of the mouse over a container or mineral, it will enter automatically to our inventory (if there is space).

Making a "discovery" rules! It might be a game, but you still get that little rush. Good for you. I am not past the 4-wheeled rover stage, yet, but i'm getting there. The mineral extractor is a fantastic bit of kit, especially when you start and there are few resources close by.

If you're worried about your vehicles rolling away then just all a 'step', either up or down, and it will go nowhere. My latest discovery was that those little seeds that break away will still kill you if you stand too close. Discoveries also suck.

9 hours ago, dr.phibes said:

My latest discovery was that those little seeds that break away will still kill you if you stand too close

Yes, I had the "great idea" of planting those seeds in front of my base, but in depth to see what happened, and then they killed me, it really was a bad idea